trying to model Cones of vision

jsimo2300

Good morning i am having some issues using using loft. i am modeling cones of vision for fire detectors and there pretty funky. it isnt just a straight forward cone anyways. when i loft my line get squiggly and when i render or get realistic view you can see the bumpyness. I have tried to put more cross sections in to smooth out but it isnt working. how would i apply a smooth mesh over it and is it possible. thanks for your help.

I will post a .jpg of what i mean.

more cross sections = more problems. Use the minimum amount you can to achieve the shape. how are you setting up the cross sections? is it possible you could make a solid block and slice it with surfaces if the loft doesnt work?

Im not sure the shape you are talking about.

im trying to post the jpg but having issues. the cross sections are ellipse arcs.

that get smaller and larger. i not sure about the solid with slices, ive never done that is there a tutorial for that? Thanks

I cant seem to insert pics do i need to upgrade or something.