Retaining images in a palette

Proctor

Hello: I would like to find a way to retain images in a palette so that I can use them in my drawings.

e.g. if you look at my pic below, you will see that i loaded up the jpeg CL5.jpg into the external reference palette. this then allows me to select it and then drag it into the drawing. The problem is that when i close cad and reopen a new drawing, i have to reload the image into the palette.

Is there a way to retain the images in the palette for use at any time?

if not, perhaps there's another palette available to accomplish this same objective?

I'm currently working in 09; however, I will also need to do something similar in 07.

thank you,

Proctor

ExternalReference.jpg

if i open the existing drawing then i do still see my images; however, if i open a new drawing, those images are not in the palette anymore. i need the images to be available for this situation as well.

thanks,

proctor

if i open the existing drawing then i do still see my images; however, if i open a new drawing, those images are not in the palette anymore. i need the images to be available for this situation as well.

thanks,

proctor

Ohhhhh, completely different situation.

Insert them in your template.

Hello...

I open cad, load an image into the external reference palette and close cad w/ out saving the drawing; after, I reopen cad and my image is no longer in the external reference palette anymore.

If I do load an image into the external reference palette and the save the drawing; then, close cad and reopen the drawing, i still see my image in the external reference palette.

I was hoping there was a way to save my images in the external reference palette w/ out saving and re-opening a drawing. I would like to reopen cad to a new drawing and have my image available in the palette so i can just select it and not reload it.

Perhaps it just doesn't work this way....but I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask and see if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks again....

Proctor