Electrical right click menu

Glen Smith

I'm using Electrical 2010 - mostly as vanilla, but working on getting to actually using the Electrical portion. In the past I ocasionally have noticed that when I right click to get the standard AuotCAD right click menu, I get the AutoCAD electrical menu instead. (insert wire, insert 45 degree wire...) While doing some customizing today I apparently did something that made it worse, I can't get the right click menu I am familiar with to come up.

We don't use wires yet so I don't really want that Electrical menu, any ideas how I turn it off?

Glen

I played with it a little more. If I select a line and right click I get the wire menu: Inset wire, insert 45 degree wire...

If I select 2 lines, or any other object, I get the shortcut menu.

I don't use the wire menu, I would very much like to know how to turn it off - and I supose to turn it back on later if I decide I need it. But I don't see any settings that seem to affect it.

Thanks

Glen

acade menu.jpg

shortcut.jpg

Yeah it is. I've got time sensitive right click enabled, but I don't see anywhere to get rid of the Electrical "Wire menu", unless they consider that the shortcut menu. I just want the 'standard' AutoCAD shortcut menu.

Thanks anyway.

Glen

In the previously mentioned right-click customization menu you can setup the shortcut menu to come up the way you prefer. But if you are hovering over a line or possible "wire" type line when you click the right button, you will automatically be presented with the Wire Menu. I don't know of a way to turn that off, except to just remember not to hover over the line when you click it.

• 4 weeks later...
In the previously mentioned right-click customization menu you can setup the shortcut menu to come up the way you prefer. But if you are hovering over a line or possible "wire" type line when you click the right button, you will automatically be presented with the Wire Menu. I don't know of a way to turn that off, except to just remember not to hover over the line when you click it.

I have the same issue as well. Super annoying

Hello everyone there!

Unfourtanally, ACADE settings see all "lines" as wires so as far as I know you can't turn that menua off unles you choose to work with regular CAD which you can if you choos profile > which allow to see regular AutoCad settings. I hope this would help you!!

• 3 years later...

Are you checking to make sure that the lines are not on the wire layer? Even when you use the vanilla command LINE ACADE will stil put it on the wire or wires layer. Change your lines to the 0 layer and you will not get the wire menu when you right click.

However, I recommend learning the electrical menu and how to use it. It will keep your drawings electrically clean.