White or Black Drawing Window?

viriato79

White or black drawing window?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. White or black drawing window?

How do you prefer to work qith a white or black drawing window?

The recent AutoCad versions have a default white window, not black as the old versions. Was there any change in the paradigm?

I prefer drawing on a black background simply because it's easier on my eyes. Also because all of the colors show up nicely (I can't stand when people use Yellow though, since you can't see it in paperspace).

Before CAD school, I worked with a white background.

I always worked on white paper when drafting.

During CAD school, changed to working with a black background in AutoCAD.

Haven't gone back to white since.

Working with a black background, as SuperCAD stated, "simply because it's easier on my eyes."

He continues, "all the colors show up nicely."

Agreed on both (all) points. Stickin' with a black background.

Try it for awhile, you'll like it!

Black is beautiful.

Once you go black you never go back.

What were we talking about?

I'm black and I'm proud!

I like my background like I like my coffee...black.

I usually use some shade of grey, as it's easier on the eyes

one job I was doing required a strange combination of coloured layers which just happened to show up best on an odd shade of lilac

How's about we have a poll added to this thread? :)

You can choose more than one answer - just in case anybody works differently between home and office :wink:

(I can't stand when people use Yellow though, since you can't see it in paperspace).

That's why you use a black background in Paperspace too.

Before CAD school, I worked with a white background. I always worked on white paper when drafting.

"White paper" is completely different than a "white light". ugh. white is tooooo bright.

I use a black background for both model and paper. Even all my Visual Styles I converted back to Black. The only thing I don't have as black is a visual style that is set to Perspective. Only way to go.... 8)

I find that black is the better color to work with. I have used white in the past, but I find it hard on the eyes. The workstation I have set up at school has dimmed lights and the monitors are close up and bright. I am black all the way!

-Steven H.

Black (sometimes grey) model space, white paper space.

I don't do much in paperspace except to see how the drawing will print, with a white background the standard view is basically a print preview. It also is obvious which space you are in. If you go through the viewport with vpmax, it switches to black.

Glen

I don't do much in paperspace except to see how the drawing will print, with a white background the standard view is basically a print preview. It also is obvious which space you are in. If you go through the viewport with vpmax, it switches to black.

I actually work through Paperspace a lot whenever we have large floorplans and have to create multiple sheets showing partial plans. I lock the Viewport and work in it while it's activated, so I can see exactly where my notes, tags, and other visual aspects of my page on around the Viewport edge. This is not the same as Maximizing the Viewport, but still works great nonetheless for me. :)

White and white for me. I used to have a grey background but changed several years ago.

All other programs I use have white backgrounds - spreadsheets, word processors, windows explorer, the edit box I am typing this in etc.

Too bad they don't have Peurto Rican background setting.

LMAO

That slayed me Alan. Thanks for the laugh so early in the day.

And to stay on topic. I use color 252 for my background color. Some of the colors we use here are lost in the black background.

Black all the way. However, this is only because we use many different colors in AutoCAD. When I'm drafting in Inventor I only use black lines so I always make my background white. I suppose I would do the same in AutoCAD if I only used black lines.

LMAO

That slayed me Alan. Thanks for the laugh so early in the day.

And to stay on topic. I use color 252 for my background color. Some of the colors we use here are lost in the black background.

Coffee humor is always fun, especially in the morning. :)