Windows 7 - experiences

DODGE

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if they are using Windows 7 with Autocad 2009

and if they know of any problems. We will be upgrading to 7 and our office is using Acad 2009.

Cheers Dodge 8)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntptorres

• RageBg

• DANIEL

Dodge, the Autodesk limitations listed are for ACAD 2010.

Not a mention of earlier AutoCAD programs.

I see you're runnin' '06, I use '05 and/or '07 depending where I'm at, workstation or laptop.

I might guess, M$ Windows 7 32 bit, might work.

Only a guess, haven't tried it and for the time being, not going to!

I prefer to err in favor of caution.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if they are using Windows 7 with Autocad 2009

and if they know of any problems. We will be upgrading to 7 and our office is using Acad 2009.

Cheers Dodge 8)

I have Windows 7 32 installed on my home machine, so far no problems what so ever.

I still have to set up my Dual boot 64 bit version of Windows 7.

Plan for the future. You don't intend on staying with AutoCAD 2006 forever do you?

Hi Remark

No I don't intend on staying with AutoCad 2006, thats why I mentioned we were using AutoCad 2009 in my original post.

We are currently planning for the future hence the question regarding using Windows 7 with AutoCad.

Cheers D

I learned on my gaming forum that 7 has an "xp" option. I believe settable to certain EXE files. The concensus was that it was put in for business apps, and not gaming. But ACAD uses OpenGL and DirextX like games do. We have som CAD guys there, but no one was on 7 yet.

One guy did upgrade to 7 but had to reinstall all his software.

One of the guys had a seperate joystick configuration that during install wouldn't work. 7asked him if he wanted it fixed, he said yes, and it fixed it

• 3 weeks later...

I recently installed Windows 7 32 and am running AutoCAD 09. A couple of programs that I run in AutoCAD 09 needed to be updated to run on Win 7 and it cost me $35 to update the software to be compatible with Win 7.

Who's using AutoCAD 2010 with Windows 7 64bit and how's it going? The reason I ask is mgmt is getting me a new PC to replace the XP Pro unit in use now. I've installed 2010 at home on a Vista 64bit, but the intel mobo graphics didn't like it. It was better after I rolled the Vista back to 32bit.

Doh, just found the sticky. Mod; move or delete.

I am running Windows 7 with Cad 2010. I have encountered a number of lockups, laggy situations (mostly regarding properties of certain objects including hatches) and outright crashes when publishing or opening multiple drawnings.

Aside from that, windows 7 runs like a champ with 2008, and has 0 crashes, issues as stated above or otherwise. Far superior to Vista, and stability wise I would put all previous OS's on the downgrade list.

its a patience game atm, for stability with cad 2010 but we all know that. =D

I have had good experience with windows 7, i have not tried Auto cad but it is a lot better about finding drivers and just "working" right off than vista and even XP.

I am still using the free windows 7 trial, i am going to have to buy it soon. *sigh*

what i got to say xp is best. dont use this kind of windows maded not for professionals but for mass who just need glamory... not performance !!! i mean it cool first week! but its comersial its for multimedia users not for profesional if you know what i mean ...