Windows 7 - experiences

DODGE

Hi Guys

Can anybody tell me if they are using Windows 7 with Autocad 2009

and if they know of any problems. We will be upgrading to 7 and our office is using Acad 2009.

Cheers Dodge 8)

I'm unsure about 2009, I have just installed Win7 64bit and am using Architecture 2010 with out any problems at all (only been a week)

So far very happy with win7

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntptorres

• RageBg

• DANIEL

I have upgraded to Win7 x64, but have no problems whatsoever with autocad. Then again, I have switched over to autocad 2010, so i expect it to work well...I'll install 2006 just out of curiosity when I get home.

Upgraded to a new laptop with Win 7 32b, previous was XP Pro running Acad 2006 like a dream. However, when installed Acad 2006 on Win 7 machine it installed fine but came up with incompatible messages on start up but would open only when right clicking on acad icon and running as adminstrator! However, tried to install Arch 2010 but would roll back install near end with error message "....failed to load FNP_ACT.Installer....", downloaded the 'fix' file and copied it to the required folder in path but still would not install! Just gave up and resorted to Acad 2010 which installed fine and runs perfectly - anybody managed to load Arch 2010 on Win 7 without the offending rollback scenario?

Windows 7 using 2010 Mechanical, Very happy with the OS and Acad. A little time to get used to the different symbols and interface, but after that, it is IMHO the most effecient OS and version of acad available. Exceptional improvements in all areas. And yes I used the ribbon :)

:shock:Yes...is thru..no problems using Autocad with W7 64 Bit Pro...it work so far very good...Im very glad...so satisfy with this operative system that help autocad to work so fast.....so fine....try it..!!!!

I learned on my gaming forum that 7 has an "xp" option. I believe settable to certain EXE files. The concensus was that it was put in for business apps, and not gaming. But ACAD uses OpenGL and DirextX like games do. We have som CAD guys there, but no one was on 7 yet.

One guy did upgrade to 7 but had to reinstall all his software.

One of the guys had a seperate joystick configuration that during install wouldn't work. 7asked him if he wanted it fixed, he said yes, and it fixed it

i recently tried autocad on windows 7 and in my opinion it was a bit slow....dont know if it was a problem of autocad or windows 7 but it seemed slow to respond..

Plan for the future. You don't intend on staying with AutoCAD 2006 forever do you?

ADT 2006....yes...cant stand Achitecture 2010...maybe one day if I ever have to upgrade OS

• 3 weeks later...

"Windows 7 is supported in AutoCAD 2010 (and 2011 and higher) and Inventor 2010 (and 2011 and higher). If you want to install and run older versions of AutoCAD, LT, or Inventor (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, R11...) in Win7, you can use the virtualized "XP Mode" available for Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

To use the Windows XP Mode you will need a CPU hardware support. You can detect the HW virtualization support in your processor with the utility havdetectiontool.exe . The Windows XP Mode add-on (application) can be downloaded from the Microsoft web. Then you can install the tool through Windows Virtual PC > Windows XP Mode."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi amit87!

Did you upgrade to Windows 7 after you had installed AutoCAD?

Also, from what version of Vista did you upgrade from?

Thanks.

:D1- upgrade to W7 64 Bit then I installed Autocad 2010 and it work very good...fast.....so I installed the other programas I use...It work great...very satisfy with W7 64 Bit and Autocad 2010...:geek:

Hi!

Well, I went ahead and upgraded to Windows 7 last night.

Here is the outcome, I was a bit concerned that I may have to reinstall LT 2009.

Previous: 64bit Vista Home Premium, 64bit AutoCAD LT 2009 installed.

HP Computer with 6GB RAM and intel quad core 2.8.

New: 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade.

The install when flawlessly, all the previous apps run perfect, including LT 2009. I did have to download two updates, one for the printer and one for the GeForce 9500 CS video card. I have noticed that my AutoCAD runs faster, loads faster, and the refreshing is better.

Notes:

You will have to reauthorize i-Tunes (it is recommended that you deauthorize before install)

If you are using "Windows Mail" in Vista you will have to download "Windows Live Mail" and install. Not to worry, all contacts, mail settings and folders are automatically migrated into "Windows Live Mail".

Cheers!

Bill ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people....Im using W7 64 Bit with Autocad 2010...HEY it work very..very...very..GOOD...Im glad..so you can try too..!!!! I have 500 GB of HD and 8 GB of memory...so ...people you should tryit....

I could just about say the exact same thing as ntptorres. Just switched to a new-for-me-computer that's running Win7, AC 2010 64-bit, 8GB RAM and a 500GB hard drive (yep...I stole your computer! LOL). So far so good. I've only used it for AutoCAD once so far as I am still in the process of bringing everything over from my old system (files and programs). It is much faster than I thought it would be. Sometimes I regret having to boot up my old computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , I'm using Autocad 2008 and windows 7 64-bit.

I have i major problem , i can't make any plot files , i tried a lot of different drives but no luck so far. At first Autocad made files that were 0 kb , after installing a different driver the program made a normal file but the file was blank.

I'm trying drivers for HP DesignJet 800 , designjet 500 with drivers downloaded from HP official site made for windows 7 64-bit. Please if someone can help me PM-me or write here , 10x.

Is AutoCAD 2008 32-bit?

I take it you have a HP DesignJet plotter right?

When did the problem first occur? Were you ever able to print at all?

You might have better luck if you close AutoCAD, uninstall the printer and shut down your computer. Then start up your printer first, followed by turning on your computer, configure your printer in Windows and after doing that load AutoCAD. Does AutoCAD recognize the printer?

Actually i dont have a printer , i just want to make plot files and then print them at a printing studio , my autocad is 64-bit , i cant install on win 7 , 32-bit autocad i tried :D.

I also tried restarting , changing drivers , even drivers for vista 64 bit , still no luck.

Autocad has some problem with sone drivers cause when i select the printer to drive in autocad , the windows crushes and windows asks me if i want to close the window.

The whole problem occured when i installed win 7 , also my girfriend as vista and she has the same problems with plot files. But she has Xp and Vista both , and she can make plot files on Xp but not on Vista. Something is really ****ty about the whole thing. I still can't find the problem. :(

Pls HELP. Thanks.