annotative scaling in autocad 2007

gazzalp

All, i am aware that autocad 2008 has introduced annotative text/block scaling etc. Is there any lisp or macro that will do the same thing in acad 2007? we have lots of drawings at both 1:100 and 1:200 that we decided to put blocks on at 1:150, so its halfway between. Obviously if we could get this fixed it would be great.

thanks

You could consider this one. It changes the "scale x" "scale y" and "scale z" to number of choice, for instance 100, for all block within a selection window.

(defun c:scalechange (/ scale pt1 pt2 ss n bn elist)
(setq scale (* 100 (getint "\nEnter Scale: ")))
(setq pt1 (getpoint "\nTop left corner of selection: "))
(setq pt2 (getcorner pt1 "\nBottom right corner of selection: "))
(setq ss(ssget "w" pt1 pt2 '((0 . "insert"))))
(setq n 0)
(if (= ss nil)
 (princ "\nNo block(s) in selection")
(while (< n (sslength ss))
(setq bn (ssname ss n))
(setq elist(entget bn))
(setq elist (subst (cons 41 scale)(assoc 41 elist) elist))
(setq elist (subst (cons 42 scale)(assoc 42 elist) elist))
(setq elist (subst (cons 43 scale)(assoc 43 elist) elist))
(entmod elist)
(entupd bn)
(setq n (1+ n))
)
)
(setq ss nil)
(princ)
)

NBC, the point of using a scale of 1:150 is so the block is a scale of halfway between 100 and 200. When we make a 1:100 plan it shows up a little larger than it should, and on a 1:200 it shows a little smaller than it should. thats why i am asking for this, to get it to show up as 100 on a 1:100, and 200 on a 1:200. If we were to just make it a scale of 1:100 it would be unreadable at 1:200

DHL - thats not quite what im after, sorry i should have made it more clear. Im not neccisserily looking to change the scale of my blocks, (however im sure i will use this in the future). But instead i want the blocks to show up always the same size - no matter what the scale of the viewport. so if i have a viewport at 1:100 the block will show up at 1:100, if i change the viewport to 1:200 the block will accommodate for that and become larger - so its the same size it was at 1:100.

Well before annotative scaling, a typical method was to install 2 blocks at each location, on different layers, and freeze/that layers by viewport. Same with text sizes.

Yes ive thought about that option. Unfortunately there are alot of people who would forget to change both when it needs to be changed. It also allows for alot of errors when making the viewport, having people turn the wrong layer off or forgetting altogether. I was hoping there was a macro for it, or maybe a download or something for it.

Why not just make an 'annotative' block and have them use that instead of the regular block? If it's annotative, you can control it's size via the annotation scales through the viewports.

Why would you want to have the block show up at the same size in a 1:100 and 1:200 drawing? Kind of defeats the purpose of visual standards (my opinion).

I had a look at creating an annotative block but couldn't figure out how to do it. Id also much rather change our current blocks to be annotative. Any ideas on how to do this? The whole point of making the blocks the same size is because they are not readable at 1:200, so whats the point in even having them there.... Same as doing a steelwork elevation which we put at 1:100. We then might want to grab details from it and blow it up to 1:10 - at the moment im having to write two lots of text at different heights. It would be much simpler to write it at one height, and when i change the viewport scale it scales the text accordingly.

Why not just make an 'annotative' block and have them use that instead of the regular block? If it's annotative, you can control it's size via the annotation scales through the viewports.

Why would you want to have the block show up at the same size in a 1:100 and 1:200 drawing? Kind of defeats the purpose of visual standards (my opinion).

I believe it is because he is using AutoCad 2007.

I had a look at creating an annotative block but couldn't figure out how to do it. Id also much rather change our current blocks to be annotative. Any ideas on how to do this? The whole point of making the blocks the same size is because they are not readable at 1:200, so whats the point in even having them there.... Same as doing a steelwork elevation which we put at 1:100. We then might want to grab details from it and blow it up to 1:10 - at the moment im having to write two lots of text at different heights. It would be much simpler to write it at one height, and when i change the viewport scale it scales the text accordingly.

On the command line type "block", choose block under "name", check "annotative", click OK.

Done.

However the size of the block is probably not correct.

type "bedit" on the command line, choose your block and edit the size through normal autocad editing, click "close block editor", save. (annotative blocks should be drawed in 1:1 scale or 100 times smaller than 1:100 if you will)

Now, you should have annotative blocks in the correct size. and if you change annotation scale, the blocks should follow.

^^^ yeah sorry about that, didn't recall the whole annotative issue and which release it was in. I work in various releases and across various AutoDesk platforms so they start to 'mesh' together in the mind. Good luck with your solution to this issue.

• 14 years later...
On 11/3/2009 at 2:49 AM, gazzalp said:

As previously mentioned i am using autocad 2007....

Dear all! I followed this problem of scaling and your comments. I can introduce my way of scaling to any size you expect. I believe this is an invention of my own since I have not heard about this method. I am not a master in AutoCad but I do my small designs with 2007 as Gazzalp does. I came across this while I was searching for how to do annotate scaling. You may find my system is a simple thing but I took a considerable time to invent it. Ok! Let us start with the 1:100 scale! Draw a rectangle to a size you desired considering easy measurements when scaling up and down. Draw another rectangle to 1:200 connect it to first one on X axis. Draw another rectangle in front of the first one to 1:50 and do the same you did to second one. Connect all at top corner points at right with an angled line. You can realize now every scale touch this line. Find the centers of top line of 1:50 and the 1:200 rectangles. Connect them with an angled line. You can see the center of 1:100 is automatically selected. Then, find the center of the angled line between first and second rectangles. Draw a horizontal line from that point to left until you meet the second angled line of centers. Measure the length of the line and extend the line to that length towards left. You can connect that point to X axis to create the 1:150 ! I know that now you all measure the length of new one to find whether I am correct or wrong! I am not a Cad expert and I do my hand drawings on a drawing board with clutch pencil, erazor and color pencils (to illustrate my perspective views). I am an Artist and a Landscape Architect - for your questions! Thank you all! 

To hard, think about upgrading to say Bricscad a reasonable price, it has perpetual license no rental fees like big brother, there are other CAD products as well to consider.