Polyline Width

Scoobydoo

Is there a way to change the width of all the active polylines in a drawing without having to pick each polyline individually?

I have multiple drawings that have a width to the polylines but want to change the polyline width to 0 (pen table drives the thickness of the polyline based on the layer assigned to it). Currently, I type in the PE command and change the width on one polyline then use the format paintbrush to apply the properties to the remaining polylines.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

You can just 'cross window' everything (select all entities) and use the properties panel, select the plines (pulldown menu at top displaying what is selected) and under the 'Geometry' section, GLOBAL WIDTH, set that to 0 and all the thicknesses will be removed.

I got myself boxed in on that one! I did exactly what you suggested and it worked beautifully - that will save me quite a bit of time! Thank you :)

• 1 year later...
Is there a way to change the width of all the active polylines in a drawing without having to pick each polyline individually?

I have multiple drawings that have a width to the polylines but want to change the polyline width to 0 (pen table drives the thickness of the polyline based on the layer assigned to it). Currently, I type in the PE command and change the width on one polyline then use the format paintbrush to apply the properties to the remaining polylines.

Is there an easier way of doing this?

The PE command will also work, notice the command line, Multiple is one of the choices, type M, enter, type all, then Width, specify the width, ....