Metric Units Appearing as Imperial - AutoCAD 2009

clharvey

Good Afternoon,

I created an alignment in AutoCAD 2009 and have changed the station units to "meter" under Ambient Settings under Drawing Settings in the Toolspace, however the stations still appear in imperial units in the drawing. My alignment is 261.742m long and the Station Information reported in the Alignment Properties window appears in metres.

On the screen, the first station of the alignment is "32+80.84" which should be "1+000", and the last is "24+22.11" and should be "0+738.259". The difference between the stations is 858.73 in feet, which is exactly 261.7409m.

AutoCAD reports numbers to me in metres in display windows, so how do I make the station labels appear in metric units on the screen?

Thanks very much,

Christina Harvey, E.I.T.

Assuming your using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 (not AutoCAD 2009).....

Have you tried to delete the alignment labels and then re-apply them? Guessing that even though you changed the units, and that they show up in meters as you mentioned in properties, that the actual labels are not 'dynamic' and do not 'auto-update' for this type of setting change. Worth a shot.

I haven't ever switches units through a design so honestly I am not sure if this will help at all. If there is a 'yellow change' triangle in your prospector tab, in the toolspace, right click and to a refresh to see if it changes.

Hello Cadologist and BIGAL,

Thanks for your quick responses! Yes, I am working with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009.

I typed in aecdwgsetup, and the Drawing Units are in Metres.

I deleted the entire alignment and re-created it, and the blasted alignment labels were exactly the same, once again appearing in imperial instead of metric units. It's very strange, as the numbers appear correctly in the Alignment Properties window, as well as the Alignment Labels window. I also noticed that the format of the stationing isn't correct - the labels appear as "41+39.57" instead of "0+000" to suggest that the issue isn't simply metric/imperial. Is there another way to check the label formatting?

Thanks so much,

Christina

Hello Again,

Another question for you:

How do I get the little orange triangles beside the listed items under the Settings Tab in the Toolspace to disappear? I have refreshed Point Styles, and every item refreshable in the tree up to the Red Drawing icon but it doesn't seem to work. What do I need to do?

Thanks very much,

Christina