Foundation Drawing

stephenward

Hi,

I'm doing a college assignment and can't find a decent pad foundation drawing to add to my written assignment. I also needed a strip foundation drawing, this has been easier to find. So many pad foundation drawings that i've found online have been 3d/isometric. I need to sketch a section. I've been googling like crazy. Can anyone help me out? I must have looked at 30 planning application drawings...

You could have saved yourself a whole lot of effort and taken a walk down to your local library (a place where books may be found - LOL) and looked at Architectural Graphic Standards. I'm also pretty sure the library would also have plenty of books about building construction. If not then a trip to any Home Depot, Lowe's, Borders or Barnes and Noble would reward you with enough reference material to fill, well to fill a library. "How To..." books abound at all four of these locations.

Good morning Stephen!

I'm not into foundations except when needed for chemical storage tanks.

Attached *.dwg AutoCAD vs 2000 drawing attached is a pad on which a tank might be installed. This is an old drawing from which I removed some "stuff" which you wouldn't be concerned with.

Perhaps you might find a bit of useful information in the drawing.

**Notes**, read No. 8, these chemical tank foundations can be any exterior shape.

The foundation is capable of supporting weights of 100,000+ lbs.; i.e.: 10,000 gals x 17 lbs. per gal = 170,000 lbs. (sulfuric acid approx 17 lbs per gal).

UBC = Uniform Building Code

CBC = California Building Code

IBC = International Building Code

Good luck with your assignment! And, where are you posting from? Just curious.

CADTUTOR-MASONRY-PADS.dwg

thanks for the cad drawing, i'll check that out this afternoon when i fire up autocad. i'm posting from Leeds in the UK. it's grey and raining. no change there.

remark - cheers for the book tip. i'll check that out. i have however visited the library for such books but must have been unlucky, most pad foundations were represented illustratively rather than as acad sections.

thanks for the cad drawing, i'll check that out this afternoon when i fire up autocad. i'm posting from Leeds in the UK. it's grey and raining. no change there.

remark - cheers for the book tip. i'll check that out. i have however visited the library for such books but must have been unlucky, most pad foundations were represented illustratively rather than as acad sections.

Keep in mind, this is a tank supporting foundation. I'm better known as the "Tankman", I don't do architectural or buildings. Pipe, valves, chemical storage tanks, heat tracing, insulation, etc. Advanced plumbing. 8)

Hi Stephen,

Have you tired the following: CAD Block Exchange http://cben.net/

You may find something on this site.

Thanks for the reminder, they did have one interesting *.dwg file.

FOUNDATIONS.dwg (too large, 630mb, to post here).

I saved one in my reference library.

Don't forget the 5th of November, gunpowder and treason. :twisted:

Tankmans foundation drawing looks generic enough for you to use...

A mat foundation is nothing more than a block of concrete, size, thickness and reinforcing will be different depending on what it is supporting and soil conditions. Don't know what class your taking, but it seems like if your in a college structures or concrete design class, you should not need help sketching generic footings.

TANKS Eatonpcat. Where are you posting from?

The various items; i.e.: Ft, Rebar Spacing, Fd (tank Ø), all based on tank diameter, and intended weight of the tank and product.

This is more than likely, more than what Stephan needs.

Local conditions prevail. I once did a project in Louisiana, wow, did they

need deep pilings. if memory serves, I believe the footings to support the pads were some 20 ft. deep, and 3 ft. Ø, reinforced concrete.

California with their seismic requirements is a pain in the you know what.

The CBC (California Building Code) is now determined by zip code.

Standards depend on where you're standing; i.e.: SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) is 4-tenths of a mile from the fault line.

Currently residing in the Cleveland Ohio are (15 years). I see you're from Eastern PA, I grew up (some people would argue whether I grew up or not) in Pittsburgh, PA.

I suppose you're routing for the Phillies??

Currently residing in the Cleveland Ohio area (15 years). I see you're from Eastern PA, I grew up (some people would argue whether I grew up or not) in Pittsburgh, PA.

I suppose you're routing for the Phillies??

Just south of Allentown, PA. Living in my 1894 renovated barn.

BarnExterior.jpg

Nice place Tank... Kinda reminds me of some places in the Napa Valley, You just need to plant a vineyard.:D

Do have a number of grape vines, tied up, steel wagon wheels. Nice.

35 ft. ceiling, three stories, 2nd and the lofts, old ladders and beams are still there, exposed.

BarnFoyer.jpg