AutoCad 2010 & Windows 7 Ultimate cannot install

jackatwo

I decided to upgrade my computer with Windows 7 Ultimate as I just bought AutoCAD 2010 and decided to make a clean break from the old system and renew everything,

To my horror after trying to install AutoCAD I realised that maybe AutoCAD had not updated for windows 7 yet,

Sure enough after installing half way there I get a error ("you cannot install this product on the current operating system")

Ok , Now I am ******ed, dont even know where to start on this, but I am going to need help here as I am sure others will get this problem sooner or later,

Has anyone already had this problem yet????

And if so have they been able to fix it or get around it, without having to revert back to one of the old operating systems.

I look forward to a reply.

so thanks in anticipation

ok. thank you for the info , as its Melbourne cup day this week. Victoria in Australia is practically on holiday.

I will need to uninstall my windows 7 and change the bit rate to 32 bit version, but if I do that then it will slow the computer down. Specially in the Ram and CPU area.

I am not happy about this as speed is one thing I like on any pc.

Another thing is , I have already opened the CD case meaning I excepted the licence, and of course I didn’t know about the difference of 32 bit and 64 bit with AutoCAD, actually I didn’t even think about it, until you told me.

So my dilemma now is do I change the operating system to 32 bit and lose speed or do I just buy another pc for AutoCAD and of course another windows 7 operating system.

With the amount I had to pay for AutoCAD it’s cheaper to do it this way.

What a waste

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Pretty interesting....

Especially that they offer a version for AutoCAD 2010 and 2011, which were already available in both x86 and x64 versions. Maybe even 2009 also?

On the other hand, I bet there are people that could use this to install 2004, 5, 6, and 7....