Plotting PDFs in 2010

cmmahp

Do you mean you are plotting a drawing to PDF using the built in "DWG to PDF.PC3" file? If so, you may need to restore the original PC3 file. If you are using some other PDF driver, then you may need to manually add the desired paper sizes.

You can still plot a pdf to any sheet size if you make it 11x17 it can be plotted 30x42. We do this every day!

Are you trying to re print at 1:1 pdf size ?

Watch out though even at 1:1 we have found it never comes out at true scale v's a plotted sheet.

• 2 months later...
You can still plot a pdf to any sheet size if you make it 11x17 it can be plotted 30x42. We do this every day!

Are you trying to re print at 1:1 pdf size ?

Watch out though even at 1:1 we have found it never comes out at true scale v's a plotted sheet.

Hey BIGAL. I have noticed this problem. Plotting is 1:1 but the pdf prints only at 97%.

I always have to update in properties to scale it to 103 to make the pdf print to scale. Please tell me there is a way to fix this problem.

Thanks

Hey BIGAL. I have noticed this problem. Plotting is 1:1 but the pdf prints only at 97%.

I always have to update in properties to scale it to 103 to make the pdf print to scale. Please tell me there is a way to fix this problem.

Thanks

Check your PDF viewer when you go to print the PDF. Most are set to "scale to fit" and include margins so it will be set at about 97%....

Just tell your PDF reader to print at 100% - there is no reason to print from ACAD at the wrong scale.

I'm not printing from acad at the wrong scale. Im printing from cad to pdf at 1:1 (to scale). Its when I print the pdf it then changes scales (not by much but enough to make a difference). It is in the PDF where i always have to update settings.

hi cmmahp

try this : go to plot, you get the PLOT -MODel dialog box, under Printr/Plotter name put in your any one of your pdf sizes. Hit Prooerties a PLOTTER CONFIGURATION EDITOR- YOUR PDF.pc3 dialog box. TAB Device and Document setting find - custom propreties,* paper size check landscape,*more size-under custom paper size,- name it= like pdf 24x36 or plot pdf 30x42- width size- height size-defults*ok.. TAB Device and Document setting find -modify stand and print area, * look for custom paper name you just give it (pdf 24x36)-* modify,-* sit margins to zero(set all of them)-*next-*finish.

I'm not printing from acad at the wrong scale. Im printing from cad to pdf at 1:1 (to scale). Its when I print the pdf it then changes scales (not by much but enough to make a difference). It is in the PDF where i always have to update settings.

Sorry, I read your message wrong. I thought you were plotting from AutoCAD at 103% then letting the PDF reader scale it down by 97%...

Sorry, I read your message wrong. I thought you were plotting from AutoCAD at 103% then letting the PDF reader scale it down by 97%...

No worries. I thought maybe i typed it wrong too. I kinda fixed it but not really. I made a template of the border but changed a few settings. i guess its fixed, at least for the time being.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
From AutoCAD -> PDF

or

from PDF->Printer

?

I dont' know of a way to tell if it's shrinking them from CAD to .pdf but, when I open the .pdf from explorer & send it to the plotter the final outcome is 96-97%.

As mentioned above, check your PDF application. Many set the default printing scale to "scale to fit", and because of the margins, it ends up scaling down an otherwise OK PDF file slightly.

i get 97% on my PDF when i go to print. in the the print dialog, set my printer,

properties fine my paper size (17x22)

under page handing-- page scale set to FIT to PRINTER MARGIN, unit inches zoom 97%, Change back page scale to NONE, document 22x17,paper 22x17

this is how i do it at work, and after printing the scale is right.

we also set different size sheets, like 18x54 with a PDF.pc3

When you print from a PDF, just select "None" for the Page scaling instead of "Fit To Page". This should fix your problem and print at 100% all the time.