Designcenter drag & drop problem...

Doove

Hi all

A colleague has a folder full of separate dwgs each with linework, similar to a wblock library.

Using insert block works fine, but when trying to drag and drop from the Designcenter we both get told the file name can't be used as a block name, it then asks for a substitute block name which we can type into the dialog box provided!

It then displays an error message saying the file can't be found in the search path and lists the pathways added to the supprt file search path in the options menu.

I added the pathway to the support search pathways but it still comes up with this error!

Anyone know why this is happening?

cheers

Doove

I use design center to drag blocks in which are all from one drawing. Are you dragging in blocks which reside all in the same drawing or entire drawings as blocks?

When you navigate through the design center and double click on the drawing a bunch of options come up, choose blocks and then the list of blocks in the drawing comes up.

This can be a great tool if you create many usefull blocks in one drawing, which is how I do it.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the items are not blocks defined within one dwg.

I have a folder with hundreds of small dwgs, each (if opened individually) contains the linework of a block - basically like what happens if you use wblock.

As an additional clue; these dwgs are weirdly named like the example below:

Folder \\...\St. Stl. bends r=1.5xdia

dwg name 10011.25(1.5xdia.).dwg

If I save a copy of the dwg as "Test.dag" it still doesn't work.

If I copy the linework to a new dwg, and save that as "Test.dwg" THEN copy the new dwg to the folder mentioned above, it WILL work.

Confused?:)

Yeah, I think I'm in over my head on that one.

However, I will say that my method previously described works great if you ever decide to set it up that way.