Rotating base point in dynamic blocks.

Elasker

Ive been struggling with this problem for 2 hours trying to find a better solution. What I am trying to do is to have a basepoint at the end of the line (shown in the example) and when rotating, the text stays where it is. I have provided 2 examples, 1 that has the base point in the rotation, and 1 without. Observe the text. Can anyone help me please?

Example.dwg

It works very nicely, but do you think you can attempt to do that with keeping the text at 0 degree angle as it rotates? thats the main issue.

I think the only way to do that would be to not include the text in the rotation and flip actions. The text would then be stationary as you rotate or flip. Once you have the block in its new location you can select the grips for the text and move it to a convienient place.

Glen

I'm not sure if that's what the poster was looking for, but I ran into a similar problem. I made the rotation action independent and moved it to the other end of the line. But like I said, I may be way off.

I love toying with dynamic blocks though.

Beautifullly done! thank you!!!! you guys are the best! I should have realized the rotation should be at the basepoint not away from it. That seemed to be the issue.