Wall Detail Plan View looks Wrong

bertsquall

Hi there,

First time poster here and was hoping someone could help. I have recently went into my final year of university for building surveying and picked cad for my final year specialization. Our project was to draw a house with auto cad architecture 2008 using all the tools that it has to over.

Everything started off quite well until i loaded it up one day and started to draw a wall from the tools palate which was CMU- 190 Rigid-038 air-050 brick-090 Furring. Unlike all my other walls from the plan view where you could see the detailing for the block, brick, insulation etc on the wall it doesn’t show up on plan view like that when i draw it anymore but when i look in 3d wireframe it still looks ok but on the plan it does not.

Anyone had a similar problem that could help me

Cheers

Robert

Its on medium detail as well ive compared everying between the two and cannot find the diffrence. I really dont know whats up with it. Its like a line wall with no hatching what so ever where as the other shows the hatching.

did you go into the materials properties and check that the plan display was turned on? You will also find this within the wall style itself too.

as well in the lower right of the screen, there is a button to turn surface hatch on and off, that may have been inadvertently set to off for plan view.

did you go into the materials properties and check that the plan display was turned on? You will also find this within the wall style itself too.

as well in the lower right of the screen, there is a button to turn surface hatch on and off, that may have been inadvertently set to off for plan view.

Ive tried all that. It is quite annoying even when i draw new walls it still comes up with blue lines but with no detail what so ever. Ive compared wall details and everything and there seems to be no diffrence, both on medium detail and all the same areas boxes ticked and unticked.

I find it strange that one part can show detail and another part cannot. Knowing my luck im over looking something 'stupid' and its a simple fix. If you click object viewer to the pan area shows the detail where as the model space does not.

Select one of the effected walls, right click and then choose "object display" See if any of these are checked, if so then you have an object over ride on that particular wall. What you will need to do is go into the display rep and fix the hatch, or uncheck the boxes to remove all over rides to that particular object, then rinse and repeat for each effected wall.

Select one of the effected walls, right click and then choose "object display" See if any of these are checked, if so then you have an object over ride on that particular wall. What you will need to do is go into the display rep and fix the hatch, or uncheck the boxes to remove all over rides to that particular object, then rinse and repeat for each effected wall.

There is nothing in there that is ticked, ive went through all details and there seems to be nothing wrong.

I have done several things to such as:

• connect the wall to a foundation slab i created
  • The wall was created seprete from the main walls as when a wall goes below the ground level you dont carry the insulation down and have essentially a 'weak' mortar fill, so to do this i edited the wall details ajust to have air gap, brick and block there. I then connected the slab and connecting below GL wall to the main walls of the building
  • Could it be the elevation of the wall, as essentially its below what i would call the ground level

Hope i havent write anything stupid there, i was using these as examples of what could have edited it and stopped it maybe from showing. However when i create any new wall no detail is showing apart from the blue lines of the wall thickness.

Sorry for all the bother here.

Robert

There is nothing in there that is ticked, ive went through all details and there seems to be nothing wrong.

I have done several things to such as:

• connect the wall to a foundation slab i created
  • The wall was created seprete from the main walls as when a wall goes below the ground level you dont carry the insulation down and have essentially a 'weak' mortar fill, so to do this i edited the wall details ajust to have air gap, brick and block there. I then connected the slab and connecting below GL wall to the main walls of the building
  • Could it be the elevation of the wall, as essentially its below what i would call the ground level

Hope i havent write anything stupid there, i was using these as examples of what could have edited it and stopped it maybe from showing. However when i create any new wall no detail is showing apart from the blue lines of the wall thickness.

Sorry for all the bother here.

Robert

This forum is here to help people that require help. No need to apologize :P

Is there any way you might be able to attach a sample file with a wall displaying the problem you are having? You will need 10 posts total in the help part of the forum before the site will allow attachments, but it would go a long way to helping you solve your problem.

Above is the details, as you can see the one with blue lines should have the insulation blockwork etc. It should look like the second picture. Ill try and get to ten posts buts thats about the best i can do for now.

Just thought i'd say i got the problem, the elevation was to low to see the detail. Im such a noob >.<. cheers for all the help you guys gave me and sorry wasting your time lol. i knew it would be somthing simple.>

Just thought i'd say i got the problem, the elevation was to low to see the detail. Im such a noob >.<. cheers for all the help you guys gave me and sorry wasting your time lol. i knew it would be somthing simple.>

No time waisted at all. I am happy you found the solution :)