Edit DWF

Fire Alarm

I am looking and can not find anything to this matter. I do not believe it is possible to do, but because I can not find it does not mean it is not out there. Has anyone ever exploded or converted a DWF to a DWG?

Yes, open the DWF in an older version of DWF viewer (not Design Review).

Copy it to the clipboard, then paste special (as AutoCAD entities) into AutoCAD.

Don't expect great results, remember a DWF is just a plot file, created at much less accuracy than the original DWG.

DWFs were meant to be used so others could not steal your designs & create their own drawings.

This is why conversions are hard to find.

However :

I use anydwf2dwg

It can be downloaded from softpedia dot com

The trial versions lets you do a total of 45 conversions

DWFs were meant to be used so others could not steal your designs & create their own drawings.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The main reason DWF was created was so that designs could be portable and a recipient would not need the creating application. The fact that the conversion back to a DWG file is of little worth is more of a side effect.