Blocks with Parts References

Weatherman

Using ACAD Mech 2009. Has anyone out there ever had any problems with bringing blocks with part references embedded in them, into a drawing? I am getting some funky results in my BOMs such as wrong quantities, blocks registering as assemblies when they are not, and parts not even showing up. I've tried all sorts of testing and cannot figure out what the problem is. Help!

I'm using mechanical 2008. I did have issues with blocks with part references at one time.

My issues were with blocks from a tool palette. When I would "drag" the blocks from the tool palette vs. clicking and placing the block, my quantity in the BOM was different!

Also, the quantities would sometimes be inaccurate unless I inserted the parts list LAST.

We ended up hiring an outside firm to do some VBA programming, and we no longer have these issues.

If you have a contract with Autodesk, I would send them a sample of your issue.

Good luck

I have contacted our AutoCAD provider and they have sent the issue with samples to Autodesk. have been waiting for months now on a solution. I have also tried every possible way to associate Parts References with our blocks and bring them into my drawing, having conflicting results every time. I was trying to find something on-line, but have not been very successful in finding much on parts references.

• 2 weeks later...