Plotting to PDF

Electroman7979

Hello all,

I am trying to plot a layout tab to PDF.... I can get it to work plotting model space, but not layout. Is there a setting or something i'm missing?

Thanks!

-J

I"m using AutoCAD electrical 2009. I have played around with the settings on the plot dialog. I can plot all the drawings batched to PDF in model space, but as soon as i say layout, it doesn't complete the process.

electrical plots the whole set of drawings, opening up each in turn. I've also tried the plot "as saved" and it still won't go any farther.

can u plot an individual layout by right clicking on layout tab, select 'plot'

then change printer/plotter to 'DWG To PDF' then 'OK'.

Sorry in advance if this is something u have already tried.

Yup, that worked. except it was just black and white. I will keep looking around to see why i can't get the project manager to do this. but thats good to know if all else fails. thanks!

I think there is a setting (go figure) for that. I gotta leave for class soon, but check the publish dialog set up I think somewhere in there is a check box for model and layout tabs for plotting. I recall seeing a check box for model and layout tabs under a heading "Include in publish dialog" or somesuch.

It may be in the project manager also.

Glen

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I found out what was wrong. I had the correct settings for the model/layout, the correct dwg. to pdf, but i had the box checked that said "yes: plot to= " (see attatched)

I was trying to save the pdfs to a specific folder on c: but when i unchecked that box, it worked correctly, the only difference is it put the pdfs in the folder where the drawings were instead of in a different folder.

Plot.png

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys! I think I have a better way to plot batch to pdf, well that what has worked for me!! and it works great.

1.-Create PC3 FILE .pc3 custome printer file for only pdf batch plotting, you can do by print and select the (Adobe PDF) and then properties and in the settings select custome properties. in there you need to un-select the view previews and in the adobe PDF output you going to select a folder of you choice and location for example "pdf_batch plotting jobs" in My Documents. and then under Layout tab you select the desire orientation e.x "landscape", and then finally select ok and then save as given a name "Adobe PDF_batch Plotting.pc3".

2.-I am assuming that you know how to use Project Manager Plublish, plot project, if you dont let me know and I can walk you thrue.

when you select batch plotting options, you select you setting for the purpose of pdf setting I usually select the as save option and then select the Plot configuaration (.pc3) is there which plot configuation for this sample we are going to use the .pc3 that we created in step 1. then you have to select the "Detailed Plot Configuation Option" there you select you option on how you want to plot your project such as "Orientation, Plot Area and Plot

Scale". then Paper Size, in that option you have to add the size of you Plotter or Printer paper size it can handle for me most of the time we use 11" x 17" pdf tlaboid. By selecting "Pick from generic list" a window would pop up with all paper size. if you paper size is not there you need to select the "Editor" and a text file would pop up and there you can add any zise paper that you plotter can handle and save the file. then now it would appear in the generic paper size window and then you can select the size of paper and press ok. then on the right size of the "Pick from generic list" would appear the size you have selected.

now you can select Misc setting. there it is up to you what settings work for you. and also the Use a Plot Style fiel? (.ctb)

then select on.

now you are ready to plot whole projects.

I know that this looks a lot but once you doing once then it would be very easy to do.

Sorry if this is not clear enough but English is my second languaje.

I hope this would help you!

• 5 months later...