MS Word/AutoCAD Text Size Query

happyunited

Basically I need to know what the text size is in Microsft Word as it is in CAD.

Our standard Text height all all CAD drawings is 2 (ariel). Now if I go into word and write some text in ariel at text height 2 it will be tiny. I want to print out my drawings so the text height is 2 (as it currently does) and I want to be able to print out word documents so they come out the same height as my drawing text.

Is there a conversion I should be using?

Cheers in advance.

The size of text in AutoCAD is in drawing units, but the size of text in Word is set in Points.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Point, in typography, may also refer to a dot grapheme (e.g.: full stop; Interpunct) as in the expression, decimal point. For non-typographical uses, see point.

In typography, a point is the smallest unit of measure, being a subdivision of the larger pica. It is commonly abbreviated as pt. The traditional printer's point, from the era of hot metal typesetting and presswork, varied between 0.18 and 0.4 mm depending on various definitions of the foot.

Today, the traditional point has been supplanted by the desktop publishing point (also called the PostScript point), which has been rounded to an even 72 points to the inch (1 point = 127⁄360 mm ≈ 0.353 mm). In either system, there are 12 points to the pica.