'extension' OSNAP help

jsdrftng

i am new here, so if im posting in the wrong area im sorry in advance. i recently had a wicked virus on my computer and had to start from scratch. you know that saying, you don't know what you got till it's gone? it SOO applies here.

my problem:

i use the "extension" OSNAP quite a bit. lets say i want to copy something and i want the copy point 2" away from the endpoint of an object. Before what id do is start copy, hover over the endpoint of an object, move the mouse in the direction i needed and the extension toolip shows up showing how far i am, i type in any number (lets use 6 for example) and hit enter. my cursor would be 6" away from that endpoint.

now when i do all that, instead of copying 6" away from the object, my cursor ends up in BFE someplace.

any help is much apretiated

thanks

First, "BFE" bwahaaaaa, LOL.

The extension works for starting a line a distance away from a point. For copying you don't need extension, just copy, pick object, pick basepoint, pull cursor in direction desired, type in distance.

For a line, you have osnaps set for extension, endp, and otrack on, start line command, hover to acquire endp, move cursor in direction desired, enter 6, cursor is now 6 units from point in direction given.

...enter 6, cursor is now 6 units from point in direction given.

yea this doesnt work. when i hover then move crosshairs over then type in the number and hit enter, it goes somewhere else. And it's with alot more than just coping an object, just tried to pick an easy example, IE: lets say im going to dimension a line, i get the dim going the when i want to specify how far away from the object i want the dim, before i would hover over an endpoint the move the dim away from the object, type a number and voila, not so much any more.

something else that i have noticed that didn't happen before is when i start typing the number, the tracking goes away, i have to move the mouse again to get the rubberband to show back up. (am i making sense)

im soooo freaking aggravated

(thanks for you post btw)

Are you sure that the point is being acquired? After hoovering to acquire and then moving cursor do you see the tracking line? Check in Options, Drafting, Alignment Point Acquisition>Automatic.

WOW,

it was a bug. I dont use the command box (ctrl 9) so as soon as acad was re-installed i turned it off, then started to work on all my old drawings. i was explaining to somebody in my office why my monitors are situated the way they are and turned the command line on and docked it to the acad program window, after i docked it, everything started working normally. then when i turned it off everything stayed working

weird... thanks for you help though :)

So you know you are not alone. I am having the same problem with MEP 2010. I recently upgraded from MEP 09 where my setup worked fine with the command line detached and out of the way on my second screen. Imported these same setting into 2010 and extensions won't work. However mine doesn't stay fixed if i dock and then undock again. I have to keep the command line docked in order for it to work. So long extra drawing space

:cry:

man thats a drag. i still have some quirks still with my ACAD. But for some reason they all seem to go away when acad is on the primary monitor. i dunno what thats all about. That to me seem's like a Video driver issue. When i get i am really going to try to figure out whats what.

i have 6 monitors and i use (3) cards which are all NVIDIA but one is a GEFORCE 6200 and the others are Quadro FX 570's. before my virus, my system was working flawlessly...not anymore.

I contacted Nvida and they told me to download focewarexx.xx.xx and i did, then i got the blue screen of death and had to restore my computer to an earlier date