Bending Tubes?

crevio

You will have to do this in pieces. You will need a straight piece, then a 90 deg. bend and then another straight piece. Then move them into position and weld the verts. Then Mirror the other half. If you need a tutorial, I can do one later, but right now I'm off to work.

Well, you may have to wait a while for it. I'm swamped at work, and my home computer is in the shop, so I don't have access to any of my programs.

If you're having trouble with the Bend Modifier, try this:

Create a Cylinder with 12 or 15 height segments. (More Height Segments = Smoother Bend, But you don't want too many).

Apply the Bend Modifier

Set the Angle to 90.0 and leave the Direction set to 0.0

You may need to change the Bend Axis to X, Y or Z to get the desired result

First things first. Let's get this pipe bending sorted out.

Create a cylinder. The Height and Radius don't matter, but I made mine 36" Height and 2" Radius.

It has 18 Height Segments and 18 Sides.

Now apply a Bend Modifier.

Set the Angle to 90.0 and leave the Direction set to 0.0 and the Bend Axis set to "Z".

That's all there is to it.

Untitled-1.jpg

how would I do this?

Create a cylinder, any size.

Put a check in the "Slice On" box and set "Slice From" to 0.0 and the "Slice To" to 180.0.

Click the "Mirror" Toolbar Button and set the Mirror Axis to "Y" and the "Clone Selection" to "Copy" or "Instance", depending on your requirements.

That's it.

Untitled-2.jpg

O.K. first things first, I again want to thank you for the earlier support, however I am stuck again. I tried like crazy to figure it out on my own, but failed horribly.:( I'm trying to figure out how to take this cone and hollow out the center to make it look like a satalite dish, any suggestions?

Radar Dish.png

If you just want to hollow out the cone, convert it to an editable poly and then delete the big circular poly face. Then apply a Shell modifier to give the cone thickness.

But if you're trying to create a satellite dish, I would start with a sphere.

Hopefully after this one I wont have to bug you again, but I'm sure I will.:wink: Learning 3D is much harder than I thought, but I am getting alot better.

I'm trying to make my roofs look like the straw in this pic. How would I go about doing that?

hngfh_148.png