acadiso.pat can't find file - loading new hatches

alec

Well Gents,

I seem to leant on the 'nuclear holocaust' button with both elbows....

I freely admit to not knowing what on earth I am doing. I have been trying to load and run lisps and new hatches over the last few hours with no success. I found some stone hatches from another thread and downloaded them. Another thread said they should be visble in tools - options - support file search path. Clicking on the SFSP gave me 6 arrows. I highlighted the first one and browsed until I found my downloaded folder of hatches and clicked etc. Now if I go back to open up my workspace I get a dialogue box that says 'select shape style' and in highlighted file name is 'ltypeshp.shx. If I ignore this and close it, my workspace is behind it and opens up. If I click on 'hatch', I get a small dialogue box that says 'acadiso.pat can't find file, then one says 'no standard patterns available, then ,error in reading pattern file, then ,fatal error, and then it closes.

I'm guessing this really isn't the way forward and would be eternally grateful if anyone can get me back to 15minutes ago.

Many thanks,

Alec

(and I promise I'll never touch it again)

I don't know enough about it to remeber exactly what I did I'm afraid.

The 6 arrows (or paths) I have available in Support File Search Path are (from the top) The hatch patters I loaded,support, fonts, help, express, support/colour if thats of any help. Can anyone recognise what is missing? and where I might find it of course....

I don't know enough about it to remeber exactly what I did I'm afraid.

The 6 arrows (or paths) I have available in Support File Search Path are (from the top) The hatch patters I loaded,support, fonts, help, express, support/colour if thats of any help. Can anyone recognise what is missing? and where I might find it of course....

You need to add this path back, and of course you will need to navigate to it since you are on a different version, but it will be similar.

C:\Documents and Settings\rkent\application data\autodesk\autocad 2010\r18.0\enu\support

Sorted! Many thanks. Still leaves me with the problem of not knowing how to load the hatches I downloaded though, or is it as simple as going back to the SFSP and hitting the add button and navigating to them?

Many thanks again Rkent - that was quite scary for a while......

Sorted! Many thanks. Still leaves me with the problem of not knowing how to load the hatches I downloaded though, or is it as simple as going back to the SFSP and hitting the add button and navigating to them?

Many thanks again Rkent - that was quite scary for a while......

Yep, use the Add button, navigate to your hatches, I think that will do it.

Hi, I did that and out of the six hatch pattern, only two show up as swatches and neither of them actually show in model space, no matter what scale I change them to. Any ideas? Sorrry to be a pain, but I work on my own and have no-one to ask but the forum.

cheers

Hi,

Got two of them working OK - changed the scale right up to 1750. Got them from El Dorado stone. Still only got two out of six though. If I could work out how to post the folder in this message, I would, but I have no idea.....

Hi,

Got two of them working OK - changed the scale right up to 1750. Got them from El Dorado stone. Still only got two out of six though. If I could work out how to post the folder in this message, I would, but I have no idea.....

Select Quote, scroll to bottom of page, Pick Manage Attachments, navigate to file(s) and pick on it, pick upload, wait to see that it worked, close that dialog, write you post, submit reply. Or Pick Quick, then Advanced at bottom of screen, .....