"select shape file" & TgCad.shx

astral_realm

Every time I open new file in autocad 2009 I get a pop up window saying "select shape file" TgCad.shx when I select "cancel" nothing happens and I can work as usual.Its not a big problem but I didnt find no information at all on the TgCad.shx file so how can i skip the inconvenience of clicking cancel every time.

This sounds vaguely familiar. I think AutoCAD is looking for a shape file. We just had a similar post within the past few days. Try using the Search feature above and type in the words shape file or look at the bottom of this page where it says Similar Threads.

Every time I open new file in autocad 2009 I get a pop up window saying "select shape file" TgCad.shx when I select "cancel" nothing happens and I can work as usual.Its not a big problem but I didnt find no information at all on the TgCad.shx file so how can i skip the inconvenience of clicking cancel every time.

Basically, TgCad.shx will either be a Shape or Text (AutoCAD's old text format prior to being able to use TTF's). The fact that it pops up when you open a new drawing tells me that it's hiding in your prototype (Template) drawing. Locate the prototype you're using through OPTIONS and then try to purge the offender out...

Hope that gets you moving in the right direction...