zoom/set paper size

rpool

I have questions.

(Q1) When used Ms Word,powerpoint, Paper Size need set "A4,A3" to begin.

But used autocad, I can't see Set Paper Size ? defualt is un-limited size?

(Q2) Used Word,Powerpoint, I can control view "200%, 150%, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, "

autocad some zoom Feature ?

Any idea Please!

The paper size options depend on your printer (plotter). When you go to plot, select the device you are printing to, then the paper size options will be available. Remember to set your scale correctly or "fit to page" if no scaling necissary. Always hit plot preview first, until you get accustomed.

Autocad has zoom commands of all kinds. Goto the help feature and run a search on zoom. The best way for me is to just use the wheel on the mouse to zoom in/out and pan.

rpool, how long have you been using ACAD? I'll assume from your questions that it's not very long, and if this is wrong, then I apologise up front. So........

A1) Are you asking with regards to model space, or layouts (paper space)? The two are very different. Model space is of an infinite size, and anything drawn here should be done on a 1:1 scale.

Layouts are where the majority of people plot from nowadays, and this is where you need to set your sheet size. There is much to be learned about layouts and page setups, and I would recommend you read the ACAD help files on the subjects, and search around a bit on-line to familiarise yourself with the whole thing. When you've done this, we will be here waiting to answer any more questions you may have.

A2) In model space you can zoom in and out at will using the scroll button on your mouse, as kindy52 has already stated. However, if you want to create a permanent zoomed view of something you have drawn, then you need a viewport set up in a layout (which you will have created after doing the research above) :wink:. Objects viewed through viewports can be scaled to any size you wish. Again, read the help files and get back to us if your having difficulty understanding the concept, because it can be a little confusing.

Good luck....

rpool, how long have you been using ACAD? I'll assume from your questions that it's not very long, and if this is wrong, then I apologise up front. So........

A1) Are you asking with regards to model space, or layouts (paper space)? The two are very different. Model space is of an infinite size, and anything drawn here should be done on a 1:1 scale.

Layouts are where the majority of people plot from nowadays, and this is where you need to set your sheet size. There is much to be learned about layouts and page setups, and I would recommend you read the ACAD help files on the subjects, and search around a bit on-line to familiarise yourself with the whole thing. When you've done this, we will be here waiting to answer any more questions you may have.

A2) In model space you can zoom in and out at will using the scroll button on your mouse, as kindy52 has already stated. However, if you want to create a permanent zoomed view of something you have drawn, then you need a viewport set up in a layout (which you will have created after doing the research above) :wink:. Objects viewed through viewports can be scaled to any size you wish. Again, read the help files and get back to us if your having difficulty understanding the concept, because it can be a little confusing.

Good luck....

Yes, thank you for elaborating on the paperspace layouts. I am self taught and have always used modelspace for everything. I would be wise to educate myself more on paperspace layouts.

many thanks, I used ACAD, now only 1 week.

Last, I used PowerPoint to draw square,circle.

Powerpoint is very simple to set Output Paper Size (A4/A3) , draw square/circle size (cm),

sample to used keyboard to move that object right/left/upper/lower.

now changed to used AutoCAD, is very difference.

I very like features "dimlinear". but move that object is hard, can't used keyboard to move it.

This is used powerpoint to draw square. is simple! But used AutoCad, "dimlinear" is quickly.

ex1.jpg

rppol, to say AutoCAD is different to MSWord or Powerpoint is an understatement... Everything you have learned in these programs you would be wise to forget when using AutoCAD as they have absolutely no relationship to one another.

This may be hard for you to accept, but if you don't intend to undertake basic training to obtain the concepts involved, I would highly recommend that you either buy a book (maybe AutoCAD xxxx for Dummies for a starter) or find yourself a Mentor who can/will provide the basics. Until you can grasp the concepts, you will find it extremely difficult to move forward.

We can all help you out here, but I'm sure you will find that without the AutoCAD basics and the terminology, it will be difficult for you to convey your meaning and hard for us to supply the responses you require...