Cursor Dissapears when hovering over menus etc.

spittle

Just moved to Civil 3D 2010 and am finding a few annoying problems including this one.

A search on the internet has lead me to believe this is not just an issue with C3D but also normal AutoCAD as well as some other 2010 products built on the AutoCAD platform.

I have service pack 1 & 2 installed.

The problem is intermittent and I can't see any specific reason for this happening - it just happens randomly.

Problem - I can see the crosshairs when in my working area, or viewport, but normally when taking the crosshairs out of this area or over a menu, the crosshairs should change to a cursor allowing me to make selections. This does not happen - it just disappears leaving me guessing where I need to be clicking.

Restarting AutoCAD fixes this for a while.

Any suggestions? There are some potentially great improvements to AutoCAD 2010 (apart from them rearranging the damn thing again and several bugs).