Template Problems

29xthefun

hey everyone,

Looking for some help, all of a sudden when I open up my template file I am asked to type in what one I want to use.

Before I would get a pop up window listing my files and I simply double click on the one I want.

I have looked in settings and at the default template settings have not moved or changed.

I have been out of the office for weeks and think someone has been messing.

Thanks

What cause the FILEDIA sysvar to change? I know it's not common that sysvar change by itself. But I see this variable change a lot, even in computers that don't have any customization like LISP.

And why don't Autodesk fix this issue?

I think I would disagree with you. I believe in almost all cases the culprit is a rogue LISP routine. AutoDesk bears no responsibility for that. The matter is outside of their control. I suppose a concerned user could always set certain parameters, like FILEDIA=1, upon starting AutoCAD via acadlsp.doc if they felt the need to.

Oh that has fixed it, cheers ReMark.

As I said I have been away from my computer for a while and I think someone has been using it. But I don't think anyone would know how to use Lisp routines.

I do have a few that I use from time to time.

I think I would disagree with you. I believe in almost all cases the culprit is a rogue LISP routine. AutoDesk bears no responsibility for that. The matter is outside of their control. I suppose a concerned user could always set certain parameters, like FILEDIA=1, upon starting AutoCAD via acadlsp.doc if they felt the need to.

I used to think that way.

But lately, I see that the number of this problem occur increase quite a lot. But none of any other sys var changed by its self.

My sister doesn't even know that LISP exist. Yet she get this 'problem' twice on her machine. And it's not a shared computer.

So think there might be some internal command in AutoCAD that cause this. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce how this happen.

Edwin: I'm not sure I buy the "some internal command in AutoCAD causing it" arguement. Let's just say it's a mystery to both of us and leave it at that.

29xthefun: I'm glad to hear that my suggestion helped to solve your problem. The next time it occurs you should know immediately what to do. Cheers mate.