"move" order works as "copy"

DinaMaaty

I dont know why this happens?! It never happened to me before! That the "move" order works as "copy" It copies the lines and doesnt move them!! i tried it both ways using the order by typing "m" then enter and also typing the whole "move" word. still it works as copy!!

I even tried removing the autocad2007 i had and reinstalling it, the problem wasnt fixed! i removed it again and installed autocad2008 the problem is still there!! i dont know what to do! somebody please help me..

The thread you reference does not relate to the problem you're experiencing.

I can understand how a command alias (typing "m" for move) can be changed but it is something that is usually done deliberately and usually not something that just happens on its own.

When you say "still doesn't work" what exactly did you do? Did you pick Move off the Modify pull-down menu or click on a button?

i tried using this pickadd thing. i thought it was related to the problem but as u said it doesnt thats why the move command still didnt work. i am working on a college project that i should print maximum tomorrow night. The move command is really important. I wish somebody can help me..

I notice you are using full AutoCAD 2008. Do you ever use Express Tools and the Move/Copy/Rotate command? The command is MOCORO.

Are you positive you are using the Move command and not the Copy command?

I really fail to see how the Move command somehow emmulates the Copy command in two different versions of the same software (2007 & 2008 ). There is something else going on here.

Another 10 minutes and I'm out of here. It's 6:37 pm my time.

Have you received any drawings from an outside source?

Have you loaded and used any VBA routines?

That's it for me. I've run out of ideas and it looks like I've run out of time.

Good luck.

Surprise! :D after i sent u my last reply yesterday i went to sleep and today when i opened the autocad i found the problem solved all by its self!! although it laster for over a week! i think the problem was solved because i installed autocad2008 and then the switch off of the laptop. thanks alot for ur care :) i really appreciate it

• 3 years later...

Its happened to me too .....command move change to copy

command copy to move

and its strange, i ve had it when after 6pm

and i use library from my office proceedure

and its still happen until this time

can someone help me with my problem ???

klateam:

Did you power down your computer, reboot, then try AutoCAD again?

Are all updates/service packs for AutoCAD 2007 installed?

What OS are you using?

Have you used any custom lisp routines lately?

When did the problem first occur?

Are you seeing any error messages?

Have you had any hardware or software problems with your computer in the last few days? If so what type of problem?

@Remark - thanks for your answer . :)

this is what i had done

1. It occured, i dont really know?>?>? since i, take over my work place at 2 years ago

2. Ive been tried to power down, uninstall os, but not yet update all my service pack .. stil at the same error

3. I still use XP 32, and 64 bit,and some of seven

4. Hm .... about lisp .. was library custom could be saying as lisp ??

5. When that problem occured, at first time i ran my autocad, show up dialog box with >/a/.a/.?>A (i dont understand that languange)

6. Ive tried your way about APPLOAD command + killworm vaccine, that is not work T-T

That is some information i can give .. i really really don't know what happened, oh yeah ive been trying install 3 different version

2007,2008 and 2009. and still at same problem T-T, and also my work place connect to the server and we work from there.

I would recommend that you uninstall all AutoDesk programs as per the recommendations found at the AutoDesk website in preparation for a clean install of ONE program (the latest). Do not install all three. After the installation find and install the appropriate updates/service packs. Test.

It doesn't sound like you know what a lisp program is. Is that correct? I don't recall telling you to use Appload.

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Is it the Home Edition, Professional, Ultimate or other?

Is Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

All your versions of AutoCAD are 32-bit but you should be able to get AutoCAD 2009 to run even on a 64-bit machine either by way of using XP mode or by adding another piece of software (not free) called Longbow.

Hm .. i reinstall all windows with 7 32 bit ultimate edition. and using ACAD 2007

and works fine, only sometime after 6pm (at here) move command change to copy ..

i think i can hreath for a while now :P,

talk about lisp i used, could that key of problem of my trouble??sure i dont know what that is ...

thanks for all answer , and help brader