block library

alijahed

Hi All,

I have so many blocks in different drawings which they are really handy to use. for having a library of those(put all of them in the same place) is there any way to call them or address them?

I don't want to use "wblock" which is going to be :cry:

and also don't want to use "Design center" or "Tool palette".

Cheers

Ali

WBlock...out.

Design Center...out.

Tool Palette...out.

I don't know, what's left? Magic?

Buy a digitizer and do a little customization such that you can pick the blocks straight off the digitizer with the puck.

There used to be a program called Block Librarian but it's been a while. Don't know if it is still available.

WBlock...out.

Design Center...out.

Tool Palette...out.

I don't know, what's left? Magic?

Buy a digitizer and do a little customization such that you can pick the blocks straight off the digitizer with the puck.

There used to be a program called Block Librarian but it's been a while. Don't know if it is still available.

:D:D

like your reply,

I have reasons...

let me put it in this way,

Can we extract all of our blocks from a drawing as separate dwg files, then I can put them in that library folder?

Cheers

You can do it with just plain jane Autocad and a new menu.

The acad menu has a secton called image heres the steps

1 wBlock out all your blocks into individual drawings

2 open the drawing get it looking pretty on the screen and then "MSLIDE" this creates a snap shot of the cad drawing

3 you edit the menu file to add your slides and you can add ^c^cInsert block1 repeat block two an image appears on the screen .

This just loads from the normal menu we have 7 image (block) libraries displayed some have over 20 blocks just pick by name or by image.

:D:D

like your reply,

I have reasons...

let me put it in this way,

Can we extract all of our blocks from a drawing as separate dwg files, then I can put them in that library folder?

Cheers

1. you can insert each block then wblock it to a pathed folder for easy insertion. Or wblock them to block specific folders such as pipes, joints etc.

2. you can insert every block you want to use into a single drawing so it is nested, then set that drawing as your default template. When you want to insert a block it should be listed in your blocks list in the INSERT dialogue box.

Problem with that is if you have a large number of blocks your list will be very long.

I would recommend you wblock every thing into separate pathed folders, it will be much easier to manage your blocks.

or CADfx has a nice block manager for around $95. cadfx.com