Wireframe Rendering?

herdy1212

Is it possible to render a scene with only the wireframe visible?

no lights

no materials

no solids

just purely the wireframe of the model?

thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• herdy1212

• Raudel Solis

• maia_uy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you want to render just the wires or do you want to render your model with the wires visible on the surface?

Here's a tutorial showing how to render your model with wires visible: http://www.eddybrown.co.uk/blog/claywireframerender/

If you want to render just the wires, Put a check in the "Wire" box of the material you have applied to your model. Also, check the "2-Sided" option. Then make sure you are using the "Scanline" renderer and put a check in the "Force Wireframe" box on the "Renderer" tab. Then hit render and you should get a Wireframe rendering of your model.

Untitled-1.jpg

fantastic, thank you very much thats exactly what i was looking for.

The 2nd of the explainations u gave.

If i could go one step further though =D

in my render u can see that the background is black and the wireframe is white (well semi white) is it possible to reverse this?

and have a white background with a black wireframe?

Lakeside Wireframe.jpg

Yes, go to your "Rendering" pull down menu and click "Environment". In the "Environment and Effects" dialog, click the "Environment" tab. Under "Common Parameters" you can set the Background Color to whatever you want.

Then just set your material color to black and hit Render.

speaking of wireframe rendering - this so far is pretty much clearcut, but i saw this reference on the internet and was wondering how did the author go about doing this

wireframe.jpg

You do it the same way I described above, except you throw a gradient map in your Environment map slot, add a light source, (spot light), and then stick a flat plane under your model with a Matte/Shadow material applied to it.

Oh, and you will have to disable "Force Wireframe" in your render settings.

Well, I'm taking a vacation and I'll be gone until Sunday. I'll check in tomorrow morning before I leave, but I won't have access to a computer until I get back, so good luck. :wink:

• 1 year later...

I have a wood wall and i want the wire mix with the wood material, how i can do that if mi diffuse already have an assigned material???

i'm trying but i can`t make the wireframe material visible. I use the wood mat in the base material and de wire as the coat material, the color box is white but the wire don`t come up in the render....

• 1 year later...

I can get the Material Editor up, but I do not see those areas to be checked. Is there anywhere else I can find those or am I just applying a wrong Material. Possibly our virsions are different and they are now located in a different area. Screen Shot.jpg

Screen Shot.jpg

Screen Shot.jpg

why dont you use it anymore? and what do you use now?

I don't work in an office anymore. I'm doing freelance work from home now and I can't afford the inflated price tags of Autodesk products. I'm using Modo as my main 3D app.

I just checked out MODO by Luxology, it looks good.

:thumbsup:

I'm going to graduate from high school soon..I'l have to purchase my own max license.. unless i enroll at a university then i'l get it renewed ^^

Good luck with your freelancing!

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to render a scene with only the wireframe visible?

no lights

no materials

no solids

just purely led bulb the wireframe of the model?

thanks!

Where will you use such wireframe model

Edited by Carlosperez