Some of My Recent Projects...

Lee Mac

Hi Guys,

I realise I don't post here as often as I used to, but I am of course still coding, and thought I'd share some of my recent projects with you.

Comments and criticism are of course welcome,

Enjoy,

Lee

Dynamically Align Text to Curve (with auto re-alignment):

DTCurve2.gif

Logo.gif

Dynamic Offset:

DynOff.gif

DynOff%20Settings.png

Dynamic Text Alignment:

TxAlign.gif

TxAlignObj.gif

All code can be found here

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• JeepMaster

• Ringis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Lee !

The DTCurve is a very helpful tool for us in our office.

One question or more correctly, one wish that would make it perfect.

After "Type or Select Text", if we choose type text, is it possible to set height and style of the new text?

I understand that it uses the default style and height.

Anyway, It works really god, thanks again!

//Tobias

Well Lee, we still appreciate you being around!

Succes with your study!

Thanks Marco :)

Thank you Lee !

The DTCurve is a very helpful tool for us in our office.

One question or more correctly, one wish that would make it perfect.

After "Type or Select Text", if we choose type text, is it possible to set height and style of the new text?

I understand that it uses the default style and height.

Anyway, It works really god, thanks again!

//Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them :)

Yes, the code uses default settings - I suppose I could add an option to change the text style when aligning text - would this suit?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee

For us It would be more useful if we could change the height of the text, the style we use is always the same. But for others maybe both options would be good.

If it is to much work for you, or maybe you think that there will be too many options, don´t do it. We are more than happy already.

OT. I recently discovered your Macatt lisp, just wanted to thank you for that one as well, supertool for us!

I have a suggestion for that one also, I try to find that thread later today.

//Tobias

(I speak better English than I write):oops:

Hi Lee

For us It would be more useful if we could change the height of the text, the style we use is always the same. But for others maybe both options would be good.

If it is to much work for you, or maybe you think that there will be too many options, don´t do it. We are more than happy already.

OT. I recently discovered your Macatt lisp, just wanted to thank you for that one as well, supertool for us!

I have a suggestion for that one also, I try to find that thread later today.

//Tobias

(I speak better English than I write):oops:

Hey Tobias,

Your English is good, don't worry :)

I enjoy adding features to the program, and I shall update it in due course :)

With regards to the MacAtt.lsp, I took the code down from here sometime ago as I meant to update it, but then didn't get the chance. I shall update it today if possible.

Thanks,

Lee

:? Amazing tools, really helpful, thanks a billion! Everyone at the office was stunned and didn't even imagine such things possible :D

Btw is the option for the dynamic text align tool "Space text" supposed to rotate the text depending on the dashed line's angle? It does exactly that for me, or maybe it's some software issue, since i use civil 3d 2008? What i would find great is an option to manually type the spacing distance between the lines as well.

Thanks again, and good luck in creating even more shockingly creative programs!

:? Amazing tools, really helpful, thanks a billion! Everyone at the office was stunned and didn't even imagine such things possible :D

Btw is the option for the dynamic text align tool "Space text" supposed to rotate the text depending on the dashed line's angle? It does exactly that for me, or maybe it's some software issue, since i use civil 3d 2008? What i would find great is an option to manually type the spacing distance between the lines as well.

Thanks again, and good luck in creating even more shockingly creative programs!

Hi Krztoff,

Many thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them. :)

As for the "space text" - you should be able to either click on screen to specify the spacing, or type the spacing at the command line (whatever suits).

The text shouldn't rotate in this mode... but as you say that may be a bug. The text should only rotation to align with the curve if you press "Shift" when aligning.

Thanks,

Lee

My bad, it doesn't rotate the text, i was getting frustrated that i couldn't type the distance in "stretch" mode and also tried the S function together with SHIFT buton :oops:, and i found that the text spacing is possible with other modes except "stretch" was too quick with questions here, guess i will spend some time practicing the commands :)

Thank you, nothing more to add to these programs, work like a charm!

Ah, no problem :)

You can't space text in "Stretch" mode, as, obviously the text spacing is immediately altered as soon as the user moves the mouse.

But glad you like it,

Lee

Hi again Lee

Perfect option with style and height, but I have a problem when using it. Everytime I change the height to ex. height=300, it becomes = 1 when finishing the command. I have tried many times but the height remains 1 no matter what I type in. :?

//Tobias

Hi again Lee

Perfect option with style and height, but I have a problem when using it. Everytime I change the height to ex. height=300, it becomes = 1 when finishing the command. I have tried many times but the height remains 1 no matter what I type in. :?

//Tobias

This may happen if you are using an annotative text style - is this the case?

Hi, I'm the beginner of the autolisp, I hope learning more more from you.

Thanks, I hope you do :)

I tried some more:

Even if i don´t change the height it jumps to height =1

Se the images, after clicking ok with no changes to the height, it changes to 1 , the text is still there but of course not visible if you don´t zoom.

Thanks again Lee, I´m using it often anyway, but if this option works it would be super!

//Tobias

Test 1.jpg

Test 2.jpg

Hi Tobias,

Many thanks for the bug report - there are always things that I miss... :oops:

I have updated the code in the archive to Version 2.4 - this should hopefully resolve the issue.

If you do find anything else untoward, please let me know! :)

Thanks,

Lee

I've been meaning to ask, how are you able to post in the archive section. I tried it once before and just received permission errors. Do you have some extra privileges?

I don't really care, it's just rather curious.