My lines skyrocket out of the screen. How to draw in scale?

Qumad

Not sure what title to give my post..

I'm gong draw our production hall and it's new layout for offices and production facileties.

My problem is that no matter if I choose a scale or what it seems like I draw in 1:1

Not that there is any problem with drawing in 1:1 other than doted lines, will not show, and when I try to put dimensions on one can not read the numbers as they are tiny.

The with of the hall is about 20 m and the lenght is about 68,5 m

When I start drawing somewhere near the bottom left and type inn that the first office is 6500mm long, the line skyrockets out of the screen (if a border is chosen it's Way out of the border.

And now I have just started...

As I said earlyer, it is no problem if I dont got borders, but then I still get problems with dotted lines not showing or that dimensions will not be readable due to the numbers being so tiny.

Can anyone help a returning newbie get a hang of this? :oops:

I use AutoCAD 2010 - Cadit (Mechanical)

Actualy, come to think of it, it is nice to draw in 1:1 so if there is any way to adjust the text in dimensions it would be nice to get a solution to that aswell

VIEW, ZOOM, EXTENTS, as debroda stated.

Then highlight a dimension, PROPERTIES, increase arrow size and text height.

In Model Space do draw 1:1, always.

if dashed or hidden lines do not show when drawing larger objects just change the ltscale.

command is ltscale, then enter the value. Start with something like 18 with your drawing. use a bigger or smaller value till the line appears to your liking. If the hidden line is still solid after entering 18 just use a bigger value.

Then highlight a dimension, PROPERTIES, increase arrow size and text height.

In Model Space do draw 1:1, always.

far easier to set the correct values in DIMSTYLE though as all dimensions, future and existing, will automatically be correct.

Thanks for all the replys

far easier to set the correct values in DIMSTYLE though as all dimensions, future and existing, will automatically be correct.
Through DIMSTYLE (the STANDARD style is selected) I press the [Modify] button.

Go to the [symbols and Arrows] sheet and increase "Arrow size" from 0.18 to 1.18 (The prewiev window zooms out, the item gets smaler and arrows bigger.

Then go to the [Text] sheet and increase "Text height" from 0.18 to 1.18 (The prewiev window zooms inn again, item becomes bigger, and there is now a equalety between the dimensions and arrows, probelm is that I thought that the arrows and dimensions ought to be bigger than the object..)

I press the [Ok] button in the Modify Dimension Style: STANDARD

And then the [Close] button in the Dimension Style Manager

When I now choose the Linear button (from the "Cadit Start" menu from the "Home" ribbon I stil get smal arrows and tiny text.

If I go into DIMSTYLE again, I see that my changes are stil there so it has been saved.

What am I doing wrong here?

I only use MODELSPACE, you will have a different technique if you use PAPERSPACE.

Set your STANDARD style up how you like it. I use 3mm for my arrows. Then set up the scale depending on what size the finished views will be shown. For me this is usually 1 but this particular drawing is at 1:5

DIMSTYLE.JPG