Tiff image wont print!

twobig4u01

Is there a setting that wouldnt allow a tiff image to print out? On Friday they printed out fine but today they wont print. I might of changed a setting without know it.

Are you printing to a physical plotter or to pdf?

Is the image visible in plot preview?

Have you checked the Layer Manager to make sure the layer is set to Plot?

Im printing to a plotter, yes its visible in plot preview, and i check the layer manager and its on a plot layer. I have another drawing for the same set of plans that has multiple tiffs in it and it plots just fine. So im thinking its a setting that was changed.

I'm sort of having the same problem. If I try to print to 24x36, the image does not print, if I change the paper size to 11x17 and "fit to page" the image prints. I does this if I print to PDF as well?????

I have had the same problem trying to print .tiff's and .pdf's to a Toshiba e-4300.

The solution turned out to be fairly simple - the printer was set to use a PS3 (postscript) driver and the images didnt like it.

Changed the driver through windows to a PCL6 driver and Bingo! everything prints OK.

P.S. The Toshiba had it own PCL6 driver BUT before I found that I told it to use a Hewlett Packard PCL6 driver and that worked ok as well.

I have had the same problem trying to print .tiff's and .pdf's to a Toshiba e-4300.

The solution turned out to be fairly simple - the printer was set to use a PS3 (postscript) driver and the images didnt like it.

Changed the driver through windows to a PCL6 driver and Bingo! everything prints OK.

P.S. The Toshiba had it own PCL6 driver BUT before I found that I told it to use a Hewlett Packard PCL6 driver and that worked ok as well.

I cant find those settings, what i tried was bringing that tiff. into another drawing that had tiffs already in it and this print out just fine but the thing still wont print. I tried making a new drawing and nope wont print.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is a memory issue. I have had the same problem before. Once I reduced the file size in Photoshop the image printed fine. I don't understand the logic behind that hypothesis (especially since I have 4 gig of RAM) but it worked. Give it a shot if you can.

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody,

I work with autocad map 2008, and my company use drawings with 20-30 tiffs (aerial views - ortophotoimages), each of them about 70-80 MB size.

I use 1 layer for 4 tiffs, to work easy. After inserting this ortophotoimages in autocad drawings, i converted this huge tiff files into jpeg files, then insert this new jpeg files to their correct position (put above tiff files), and then i erased all tiff files. So, finally, i work with jpeg files (about 5 MB each ortophotoplan), and i can say the quality of this jpeg files is ok. Does anybody know if there are any problems caused by jpeg files? do you think is ok what i'm doing? Any sugestion of indication is ok for me, please tell me other way of working with lots of huge tiffs, or help me with any idea.

Thanks!