Cleaning layers, changing texts

donbosco

Hi

I got some questions:

1)How to find out layers which are nbot in use?I want to delete them all, whats best way to do it?I got hundreds came in with clients drawing

2)How can I establish group of layers which I would like to use for all my similar jobs.

3)Most of text in current drawings are Romans, I want to make them Ariel, Is it possible to do all at once or I have to go one by one?

4)This ongoing problem, my 2010 as soon as I do ctrl+1 for property (or right click-prop) it becomes super slow. afterwards all comands like plot etc takes long long time. Any Solution?

Thanks a lot, you are all Stars!

1. Purge command will delete all layers not in use. Layer Manager will *show* layers in use without deleting any.

2. That is up to you, but once you figure it out, put them in your template drawing so you only have to define them once.

3. Yes, as long as it isn't MTEXT with embedded formatting. See [thread=40968]this thread[/thread]. If you do have MTEXT with embedded formatting, then you will have to strip that out first.

1) Purge, purge and purge again.

2) Use a template and/or set up some standards.

3) I believe you can make a global change to the text. Is it all on one layer (coincidentally named "text")?

4) ??? That's a new one on me. What's the specs on the computer you're using?

Seems I was beaten to the punch by RKM. Go with his answers. Mine are just dust in the wind. LOL

1) Purge, purge and purge again.

2) Use a template and/or set up some standards.

3) I believe you can make a global change to the text. Is it all on one layer (coincidentally named "text")?

4) ??? That's a new one on me. What's the specs on the computer you're using?

Seems I was beaten to the punch by RKM. Go with his answers. Mine are just dust in the wind. LOL

Thanks a lot, No they r not dust in the wind, they are like gold in 2009.

About #4, Actually I have asked it on few forums but can not get solution yet.

Computer is to date so no memory or size issue, I was using 2008 all fine but since I got 2010, just wasting lot of time.

it takes 2 min after i say plot,min more for changing plotters,2min if i want to see preview and so on.

On Text if I right-click and -Edit, its fine but if I double click on text it takes 2min to open editing window. There gotta be something for poor me!