Painting interior walls

Timber

Hi folks,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I've designed a first floor of a house using the walls function from tools palette designs on Autocad Arch. 2009 student version. I'm trying to change the interior colors of the walls but am having trouble with this. Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks........Tim

Create a new material in the materials palette, then, you will need to go to your style manager, and under AEC materials create a new one, assign the newly created paint material to that, and change the component for interior to the new AEC material.

Noahma,

thank you for your reply. If you would, please talk me through the procedure to create a new material. I haven't a clue how to do this.

thanks.........Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I would change the color within the material editor. First, make sure the wall you are using has interior GWB. Go into your material editor, and find the gyp board material. Now change the color to the new color that you want, and under Maps, slide the diffuse map slider all the way to the left. Hope this helps.