Tough Questions - Copy Xref Layer Lisp

johnshar123xx

Tough Questions - Copy Xref Layer Lisp

AutoCAD 2007

I have a quite a few tough questions/requests and I am currently looking for some lisps to solve them. I have been doing some searching online to find the lisps I need, and although I have been able to find some stuff, I still have some things that I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I would like to take the opportunity ahead of time to thank every who views my questions and for any help that is given.

Basically, lets say you have an xref overlayed or attached into your current drawing. I was wondering if anyone has a lisp that would allow me to click on anything from that xref (from my current drawing) and have it copy everything that is on that xref layer to my current drawing, with the same layer name, linetype, etc. (looking exactly as it does in the xref).

Wondering if anyone out there has any idea where I can get a lisp for this.

NCOPY command brings in objects from an xref piece by piece as you select them. I am basically looking for a lisp that can use the NCOPY command to copy everything on that xref layer selected and bring it into the current drawing.

Steps

1. activate lisp command

2. select the object in the xref to copy

3. lisp copies everything on the xref layer and brings it in to the current drawing.

Thank You