OSNAP doesn't find intersection of some lines

robnad

I'm running 2002 and I have a drawing with an array of lines (forms a grid ceiling, actually). With OSNAP on I cannot grab the intersection of these lines, however, it does work on other lines in the drawing, as it usually does. Does anyone know what gives?

Thanks in advance.:oops:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robnad

• NBC

• eldon

• SuperCAD

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of line is it (i.e. line, polyline, spline, etc)? Have you tried to use the FLATTEN express tool? Sometimes the lines are ever so slightly off that it won't even register as being off. The FLATTEN command should fix that.

Is it because you are using lines which contains dots or dashes; and that the lines are intersecting on the spaces in between the 'continuous' parts of the lines ?

If this is the case, simply temporarily change their linetype to Continuous (or the LTSCALE) and you should be able to use OSnap Intersect once more.

All of the lines are continuous; Zooming in does not help; Apparent intersection object snap works! No idea how to flatten. I guess it's okay now but I just don't understand why it can't pick up these lines where they intersect with eachother but it can pick them up where they intersect with other lines on the drawing. Perhaps were they drawn as arrays and perhaps it has something to do with the way they were set up?

No idea how to flatten.

Just type the word FLATTEN in your command line. If you have the express tools package loaded it should work without a problem. If you get an "unknown command' message you'll have to install the express tools from your disk.

In that sample drawing, all the green lines appear to have z values on them - with some having different start and end z values - this will be why you can't osnap to intersection.

• 2 months later...
FLATTEN command was not part of 2002 as far as I know....

It was part of Express Tools which were available as a free download since r14 or earlier.

Eldon,

New to the forum... is Express Tools still available and worth downloading? Or do you have a link handy?

I'm working on 2002 and so I feel that I'm missing out on a lot of better ways to do the things I am trying to do.

Thanks!