CosmoFlow Problem:Part14 is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region

kennylaicool

• 1 year later...

I am having the same error. In SolidWorks Flow Simulation, I am trying to create boundary conditions such that I can run an internal flow analysis. However, when I click on the face of the lid I am trying to set the boundary condition, I come up with the error:

Face@DESCRIPTION is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region.

I have tried on both sides of the lid as well as ensure I have no leaks in my system. On top of that, i have tried going through fluid subdomains to try and resolve the issue but no success. Any ideas?

Does your part have multiple chambers in it? When you start the flow simulation there is a button to "view fluid volume". Click that to make sure your fluid volume touches this boundary face. If it does please post a screen shot.

Which version of SW are you using? Are you using simulation express or full simulation?

I am using Solidworks Flow Simulation 2009 within Solidworks Premium 2009. I have used this for other assemblies before but this is the first time I have encountered this error.

My assembly has two flow inlets and outlets which are independant of eachother. I used the fluid volume check but it still comes up as zero and regardless of which lid face I select, I still come up with that error. Also, a weird thing is that Solidworks creates a computational domain around my WHOLE assembly as opposed to the part where I am trying to analyze and I can't seem to figure out why.

unfortunately no :( I dont have the full sim package so without a bit of playing im afraid i would just be shooting in the dark. I think your best bet is a quick search through the SW flow simulation forum. Its possible this has been asked and answered before. I know before ive seen issues if there were multiple divided chambers that gave problems. I tried to run a study with a sealed area with an agitator fan as well as a flow path external to this chamber and had a few issues like this come up.

https://forum.solidworks.com/community/solidworks_simulation/flow_simulation

Yeah error messages in SW are a bit of a black hole for responses in general but the Flow package is a very small percentage of users. Are you a member on the SW forum i linked you too? It is all SW users so a greater audience will see your question including lots of people that work for SW.