Duplicate lines

MisterJingles

Hi guys

I have a drawing with many duplicated lines, is there a way for Autocad to delete all duplicated lines with a single command?

This topic - http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6781&highlight=duplicate+lines - mentions the OVERKILL command, is that the only way to do it?

Regards

It's the fastest and easiest. Why would you need other way? Something can't be done by OVERKILL?

No, it's not.

It's an express tool, and LT don't have express tool. I guess there is no easy way for you to do it in LT.

I don't completely agree.

A little more cumbersome but there are other ways to do it.

Try F1 for "qselect".

Maybe, the overlapping lines are of different layer; you can temporarily turn off one layer and erase the other line.

Prevention is better --- overkill is a cure!

Overlapping lines are product of a poorly done drawing.

Well, just my opininon.

totzky - I agree. Thing is Im working on a massive drawing on which Im constantly changing, putting on and taking off details. Sometimes it happens.

Overlapping or duplicate entities are not always the product of poorly done drawings. For instance GIS applications (i.e. Map 3D, Arc Map) require that polygons be close for parcels. This means that for each parcel there is a closed polygon which will always have overlapping lines and arcs because of the adjacent parcels. If this type of drawing is utilized in some production plans then they almost always have to be exploded so that the line types will display properly if they are not continuous.

This is where AutoCad Map 3D comes in. It has a very efficient and powerful command called Drawing Cleanup incorporated into it. This command is so useful that companies have bought Map 3D solely for this reason.

I don't want to down play the "poorly done drawing" subject because I agree completely with that thought if overlapping entities are present in any other scenario. In fact I think it is a very lazy thing to do but some entities can be overlooked so it is not a black and white issue. It boils down to the work ethics of the CAD tech who is creating the drawing.