AutoCAD 2010 less than US$1000 !!!

Dicksham

It is probably pirated software and AutoDesk is pretty aggressive when it comes to protecting its intellectual property rights. They'll figure something out but they won't stop it. The country is too big, politicians and government officials are corrupt and most likely there is a criminal gang or two behind it all.

this so-called promotion is only valid in china. Sorry no english description.

i believe this is to draw those pirate copy users' attraction and to "kill" those autocad-like chinese developers.

From this sharp price-drop, i can imagine how big their profit margin was in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

"

Today I was alerted by Rayman Lei on Twitter that Wang Chunwen has resigned less than a year after he took charge of Autodesk’s Greater China business. Autodesk PR has reportedly confirmed that the resignation happened yesterday, but did not disclose who would succeed Chunwen.

Autodesk appears to be in deep trouble in China. Rarely do companies come out with 82% discount offers when they are doing well. There is speculation that Autodesk’s dwindling fortunes in China may have been the cause for the change in leadership."

http://www.deelip.com/?p=907

You mind finding a site in English for us with less than perfect knowledge of chinese?

Thank You, that made me chuckle pretty darn hard.:D

It is probably pirated software and AutoDesk is pretty aggressive when it comes to protecting its intellectual property rights. They'll figure something out but they won't stop it. The country is too big, politicians and government officials are corrupt and most likely there is a criminal gang or two behind it all.

I thought the exact same thing. There is an unwritten rule that if they are stealing and reproducing it, make it so cheap that at least you get something.