title block setup

jcreech

Can someone help me with title block? I have a temp title block dwg and I use it for my 24X36 temp dwgs. Now I want to use that same temp title block dwg for 11X17. For some reason the temp title block is not on the sheet (paper space) when you preview before plotting (scale set to 1:1).

Can someone help me with title block? I have a temp title block dwg and I use it for my 24X36 temp dwgs. Now I want to use that same temp title block dwg for 11X17. For some reason the temp title block is not on the sheet (paper space) when you preview before plotting (scale set to 1:1).

What layer is the TB on? Is it set to not plot in the layer manager?

Your scale is 1:1 and the title block is not fully plotted. That means that the TB is too big for the plotting area. Reduce the TB down taking into account the margin most plotters need.

Did you just copy and paste onto the 11x17 area? You will have to adjust the new tb to accomodate a much larger d size sheet. Scaling wont work either, it will change your text and line scale.

Just out of curiosity- What is the advantage of having titleblocks in model space and not set-up in paperspace with default template?

because if you have multi. drawing in model space, you have to window each time you want to plot. If you use paperspace all you have to do is click on tab and plot.

because if you have multi. drawing in model space, you have to window each time you want to plot. If you use paperspace all you have to do is click on tab and plot.

The reason I ask- Dont you still need multiple tabs in paperspace for each sheet? Wouldnt it just be easier to have one template for each size sheet, fill in the info and right click, move/copy? Set view ports for each individual drawing, otherwise, arent you limited to one scale per page?

Well you would first set your TEMP dwg with multiple tabs and etc. Also you can have multiple viewports with different scales in paperspace.

Right, but then your running the tabs and using a viewport for model space where the titleblock is located, when you set up the page in model space and need a viewport in paperspace for different scales, you have to adjust in both areas to have a page layout. Am I following it correctly? :o

It sounds confusing and difficult. lol

But you will still have to window each sheet in model space to plot. If you have preset you temp dwg and have your tabs setup, all you have to do is click on tab and plot.

My qnew template at work that I use has 6 different sheet sizes with titleblock on each. That way whatever we produce or receive can be easily set-up. We usually run "D" size for floor plans, exterior elev, roof, etc. and legal or tabloid for interior elev's and detail.

We usually have a few options for each and also do shop drawings for custom cabinetry, etc. I really dont think I would want to spend the time setting up drawings in model space and then run different scale over the 1:1 titleblock viewport in paperspace. I know what your saying, but for me, its easier to have viewports for them in paperspace.

Just out of curiosity- What is the advantage of having titleblocks in model space and not set-up in paperspace with default template?

IMO it is a disadvantage to use title blocks in model space. If you use paper space to print your title block and various mviews you have the advantage of...

1. Drawing multiple objects in model space at full scale.

2. Plotting each object in model space at a different scale in Pspace using mviews.

3. Printing all of the mviews with different scales in a title block sized specifically to the size paper you will be using.

Drawing everything in model space to full scale simplifies everything IMO. A good example is a foundation plan scaled at 1/4"-1'-0" with several foundation sections on the same title sheet in seperate mviews scaled at 1/2"=1'=0". Makes life much simpler.

IMO it is a disadvantage to use title blocks in model space. If you use paper space to print your title block and various mviews you have the advantage of...

1. Drawing multiple objects in model space at full scale.

2. Plotting each object in model space at a different scale in Pspace using mviews.

3. Printing all of the mviews with different scales in a title block sized specifically to the size paper you will be using.

Drawing everything in model space to full scale simplifies everything IMO. A good example is a foundation plan scaled at 1/4"-1'-0" with several foundation sections on the same title sheet in seperate mviews scaled at 1/2"=1'=0". Makes life much simpler.

Right, exactly what Im saying. :D

how do you adjust the size of the white paper in the paper view?

I think you are refering to the paper background in paperspace. When you set the paper size the "white background" I believe your are refering to will adjust to the same size you designate.

You can also type in pagesetup and set the paper size you wish to use. I find showing the paper background annoying more than being helpful so I just have a black background in pspace and the title block I will be using. This shows me the boundaries of my printable area.

Each person has their own preferences and tweaks.

I think you are refering to the paper background in paperspace. When you set the paper size the "white background" I believe your are refering to will adjust to the same size you designate.

You can also type in pagesetup and set the paper size you wish to use. I find showing the paper background annoying more than being helpful so I just have a black background in pspace and the title block I will be using. This shows me the boundaries of my printable area.

Each person has their own preferences and tweaks.

Thank you for clearing this things for me. much appreciated