HATCH boundary problem

Hi I use autocad 2007 and I have almost lost my mind bodering with a simple HATCH command. I tried to hatch closed boundary (the boundary was definetly closed) but the program was reporting that it can't hatch since boundary isn't closed. After a few tries (10) the hatch worked and when I erased the hatch to repeat, it didn't want to work again and it worked after a few tries.

Is this some strange bug in the program, since I can't find logical solution?

I hate that. Polyline the space and try again, if it still does it, test a smaller area to see if it does it in that too. Just to save time after trying a few times, I will just section off the area and do several hatch's and then reset origin to match. Not sure why it has no issues with a complex space of curves and edges, but then a basic square wont take it.

hi when you are closing,example a rectangle,you should draw 4 lines in your dimension OK or you type command REC enter then shift @ (ex:250,250) then you hatch it i am 100% it will work but if you try the 4 lines you must be sure that the lines is closed OK sorry if i missed somethings.

If you create a boundary layer and make it the curent layer. Use the poly line to trace the boundry you wish to hatch. You should also use C to close the poly line. Then the hatch will work the first time on boundry layer. Turn off boundry layer and select it not to plot. You can move the Hatch to the layer you desire without the boundry.