dwg to eps

Propain

Dear All,

I want to convert a dwg file to an eps one. The problem is that when I do this by exporting in eps format, what I get is garbage. Is there an effective way or software that I can use to convert dwg to eps?

Thanks in advance.

I plot to a postscript printer to obtain an EPS file. I had to add the printer but once added it creates an EPS file.

How are you seeing the garbage? When you print it?

Not only. Even the image itself is a mess. I am not familiar with the postscript printer. Would you please give me some instructions? And thanks for the reply!

EPS is encapsulated postscript so won't make any sense until sent to a printer that accepts EPS files.

I don't know how 2010 adds printers but in earlier versions you add a printer and look through the list for a postscript one. I don't have AutoCAD at home so can't tell you what I have available. Once selected follow the on screen instructions. I can't remember if you have to tick the "print to file" box or not.

Adobe Illustrator can do the job. (CS2 Suite+) Save the drawing as a verson 2000 *.DWG or *.DXF, and you can open it, and save as a *.EPS file.