Batch Plot or other?

qball

Autocad 2007

For printing my own drawings I use PDFXchange and the PUBLISH command which works well.

However, sometimes we receive client drawings and I need to print them out to review. If I click PLOT it can't find the printer / plotter because it belongs to the other company. So I have to go through each individual layout and change all the printers to PDFXchange or our hard copy printer.

Is there a way to PUBLISH and it automatically converts all the layouts to a compatible plotter? It would save me a lot of time.

I think the best solution would be if I could pick the multiple files in Windows Explorer and hit "print" and it does it automatically. But if I have to do it file by file, but it converts multiple layouts at once, that's still a better method than my current.

A few tips that might help. First, you can drag and drop files from windows explorer into the publish dialog box. You will want to have publish set to layouts only without model tabs. You can then select (highlight) all the drawings like you would in windows explorer and go to the top of the page setup column and select the page set up that works. If you do not have typical page setups that you can use, open one of the drawing you want to plot and set up the plot and save it by using the add button in the page setup area of plot. Save this drawing When you have publish set up as noted before, select import in the publish page setup area and go to the drawing you just saved your page setup in select the one you "added" and if you have all the drawings in publish selected they should all use that setup.