Autocad crashes on 3d orbit

RAO HASSAN

hi

when i select the items to do orbit in 3d view, autocad crashes and give me error message. i am attaching the picture of it. 72755079.jpg

I have tried to use new dwg file for this project but same thing is happening.

Before i did not have the problem with my other project. I need to do class presentation on it as a final, so i really need to get this thing solved or else it would almost impossible for me to do the presentation.

computer specs are as following:

dore duo 2.99 ghz, 2gb ram and 160gb hard drive.

thank in advance.....

How big is the drawing file?

Are any other programs running in the background?

Maybe you need to increase the size of your pagefile (virtual memory).

If you are using a complexed polygons object, this is most likely going to happen.

Have you imported some 3ds?

i dont have any facy objects in the drawing, just 3d box here and there....i have not imported anything from any source.

How big is the drawing file?

Are any other programs running in the background?

Maybe you need to increase the size of your pagefile (virtual memory).

drawing is about 769kb.

nothing else is running, just Acad, no other programs. I have done recent drawing that was bigger than this file and a lot more 3d stuff on it, and when i orbit it, it was all fine, it wasnt crashing or anything.

Details about your computer hardware can be found by right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties. Click on the Hardware tab then click on the Device Manager button. Look for and expand the option named Display Drivers. Your graphics card will be listed. Ex. - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. Take this information and plug it into any search engine. Get the specs for the card. It will be interesting to know how much video RAM is onboard and the speed.

here is the graphics card i have..today i opened the new drawing and started from scratch hoping this problem won't occure, but it still does...i am very worried...

2j438zs.jpg

That card is very low end based on old architecture/technology. I would suggest purchasing a new vid card. Your problem might be data related on 8x AGP interface. This would require an upgrade to PCIe. Shoot for minimum of 512mb ddr3 memory on video card. I think the most your gonna get on AGP is ddr2, and at this point, the agp cards are more specialty items now. If you plan on using 3d frequently, start there.

Also, you seem to have a ton of stuff on your task bar, all that stuff takes away from system memory. You said you have 2 gigs? Well take a gig off that for the OS and all the stuff you have running. Just a thought.

my class mates have very 3d project that is a lot biger than mine and has a lot more going on....they use the computer i use...there project doesn't crashes.....

So your classmates are on the same computer? What does your instructor say the problem could be?

we the students probably know more Acad than our instructor. He is Architects, he says its not worth for him to figure out the program. he is an old timer :)

I don't see any indication that you purged the drawing or ran audit/recover on it. Maybe you have a corrupted drawing.

i did recovery and purge....yeild with same results.....its tomorrow i really have my fingers crossed...

I don't see any indication that you purged the drawing or ran audit/recover on it. Maybe you have a corrupted drawing.

I found the solution.....and its works great...thanks ReMark for the suggestion you posted in an other thread....i am able to do the same thing using 3dorbitctr command....thank you everyone for chipping in.