User interface

Timber

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to Autocad Architectural desktop 09. I seemed to have lost much of my user interface. All of my toolbars are gone and just the red A is in the top left hand corner. I don't know how this happened, I just closed the program and reopened it(after registering it) and everything was gone.

I appreciate any help you can send my way.

thanks in advance............Tim

The command line is present and I can type into it.

The tool palettes design and properties boxes are on auto hide where I put them on the left side of screen.

There just isn't any other tool display. No way to access lines, circles, polylines. No 3d modeling, no dimensions....no anything...it all vanished.

Remark, there is nothing to the right of the big red A. I can't right click on anything to bring up the tool bar reference

Rkent, I tried opening another project and it loaded the same way....no tool bars, no way to access toolbars. It is frustrating and perplexing.

thank you.......Tim

I typed in cuiload then chose 3d solid editing. It now appears at the top of the screen, with huge icons, but at least it appears. When I just right clicked on it I could not access any other toolbar..just the 3d solid editing

thanks........Tim

Remark, there is nothing to the right of the big red A. I can't right click on anything to bring up the tool bar reference

Rkent, I tried opening another project and it loaded the same way....no tool bars, no way to access toolbars. It is frustrating and perplexing.

thank you.......Tim

It doesn't sound like you tried another profile, go back above and follow those steps to load another profile.

The real problem is my brand new computer. And I think I talked to ReMark about this before. I'm using a HP pavilion Entertainment PC with Windows Vista. If I try to view my 3d drawings with free orbit, the program locks up and then I have to close it using Windows task manager. :(

The user interface disappears after the program freezes, even if I have saved it repeatedly.

Please provide us with the specs of this new computer including the amount of installed physical RAM and the make/model of the graphics card. How big is the file you're working with?