Company Logo

Jfennell

I am trying to resolve a long neglected issue with our company's logo. For as long as I have been here we have been putting our logo on our drawings via inserting a raster image(.tiff) of our logo into the drawing thus creating an external reference. Now I am not very savy on algorithims or VB code but is there some way to say "digitize" the logo in CAD and make it into a block rather than a reference. My reasoning behind this question is two fold; first, I would like to have the logo "digitized" or non-raster so when we send our title block or drawing template to clients we do not have to include the (.tiff) file for them to load. Second, it seems that when the title block gets scaled up(11x17 to say 22x34) the logo becomes pixelated and not very clear. I am open to any suggestions on either issue

Thank You

I am trying to resolve a long neglected issue with our company's logo. For as long as I have been here we have been putting our logo on our drawings via inserting a raster image(.tiff) of our logo into the drawing thus creating an external reference. Now I am not very savy on algorithims or VB code but is there some way to say "digitize" the logo in CAD and make it into a block rather than a reference. My reasoning behind this question is two fold; first, I would like to have the logo "digitized" or non-raster so when we send our title block or drawing template to clients we do not have to include the (.tiff) file for them to load. Second, it seems that when the title block gets scaled up(11x17 to say 22x34) the logo becomes pixelated and not very clear. I am open to any suggestions on either issue

Thank You

Just trace it in AutoCAD. Easy as that. You'll find it much harder to try and convert from Raster to Vector. 8)

Just trace it in AutoCAD. Easy as that. You'll find it much harder to try and convert from Raster to Vector. 8)

Yep, polyline it. Then hatch it with appropriate lineweights.