Another "jagged lines" thread

Void

True, this question has been asked several times already. However, the solutions provided in other threads have not helped me with my problem.

My problem is that my diagonal lines are often jagged (sometimes my arcs/circles are jagged as well). Here are some of the things I've tried thus far...

Viewres = 20,000

Segments in a polyline curve = 20,000

Rendered object smoothness = 9

Contour lines per surface = 1000

Computer & video card specs = more than adequate

When I plot the drawings, the jagged lines are unchaged (see below).

WTF? Please help.

wtf.jpg

Just for kicks, rotate the object such that the nearly horizontal is truely horizontal and then plot it. What is the result?

When the lines are vertical or horizontal, they're fine. In fact, the object in the picture was originally horizontal, and then I rotated it to a random angle.

Of course, making everything horizontal or vertical won't solve my problem, as I will definitely need to have diagonal lines at some point in my life. :D

I'm not that concerned about what displays on the screen. It's the output that concerns me. Maybe a high end printer would make a difference? What are you using?

What are your rendering settings?

Actually, I'm just plotting it, not rendering it (plotted to .jpeg). I'm not that experienced (yet) on rendering. But I did try to render it once, and the ladybug looked fine. However, I had a new set of problems that I had deal with (i.e. in addition to the ladybugs, I have transparent colored bubbles. But when I render the drawing, the bubbles become non-transparent, but this does not happen if I plot straight to .jpeg file).

I'm not that concerned about what displays on the screen. It's the output that concerns me. Maybe a high end printer would make a difference? What are you using?

I see what you're saying. The only problem is that I have to plot it to a jpeg first, THEN print it. I can't print the file directly.

Don't plot to JPG, try BMP since it's a higher quality output. JPG is compressed. Use a 3rd party software to manipulate and compress the image. This might yield better results.

I wonder if you are seeing the old "Multi-stroke" lines. Based back in the days of pen plotters when using the minimum widths, or some sort of Single Pen system. It would build up a width to some polyline, via adding a bit of ink to the edges to make up for the defficiency.

I use color = system now. It then says if color 5 (as an example) is chosen the plot line widthit then set to .029" wide and with linetype of center2. Once you get used to it, then it goes, goes, goes, and eliminates the jagged edges.

Wm.