long section of road

haseebsarwar42

Normally a task like this would be done with a civil CAD program. Does the company you are applying to use plain AutoCAD or a program like Civil 3D? Did you ask what they use for software?

i call them they they r using auto cad and also civil 3d and both of them are useful for these kind of land surveys work

so how can i do it with civil 3d?

For ur original post, i believe it is not possible to create a profile of road using autocad 2007 itself. usually in construction of roads, its not just the longitudinal profile of the road that is viewed but also cross sections along the specific horizontal distances required(eg. STA. 0+010, STA 5+025, etc), these cross sections are used to generate the profile of the land against the profile of the road to check how much excavation or backfill it would need. Civil3d specializes in such a field.

applying for this type of job w/ only acad2007 as your background will be a bit inadequate. I recommend going on training seminars on civil 3d or perhaps other software related to such.

Having drawn many a centerline profile (for sanitary sewers) on the drafting board I think it could be replicated in plain AutoCAD. But unless you had the experience of board drafting this type of drawing explaining how do to it in AutoCAD would be laborius at best.

Long before Autocad came out, we used a (secondary) program for drawing the centerlines and top of curbs for roadways, it then designed in curb returns, verticle curves, warned of possible sight problems, etc. all after a prelinimary centerline was set and earthwork estimated. It then created a DXF file, with had too many options, and then we inported everthing into Autocad via teh DXFIN routine.

If in your area they also have water and sewer systems set onto the finished street plan, thay got included too.

We would use the plotter option of setting lines to colors. And thus created the visual variance. One or two people in an office could then do a 100 lot subdivison all by themselves.

Wm.

Plan and profile done in ink on mylar using a 4-and-40 grid. Now that was drafting.

As I remember, the manufacturers of the pre-printed mylar sheets were not exactly accurate with the grid. We had some sort of compentation drilled in to the routine, that enabled one to print existing ground on back side of mylar sheet, and to compensate for bad media (the grid) such that your 10+ line went smack on top of the grid line, no matter the for real scale ratio. The grid may be at 40.5 real scale on direction and 3.98 the other. The plotter knew how to handle and align up the sheet then w/o using any Autocad functions. Trick was in having the Secty. locating mylar sheets that had an accurate printed grid or did not alter later on.

Cost per sheet was not a factor, as the designer per hour exceeded that rate.

Wm.

it was only for addition skill but i also Know how to make in auto cad.

first pick a line on x-axis as base line and y-axis as level line .

but thanks

it was only for addition skill but i also Know how to make in auto cad.

first pick a line on x-axis as base line and y-axis as level line .

but thanks

I can remember setting the bottom line to grid onto an E-W alignment. And then going for the Verticle scale of maybe 1.003899 and a Hoz of .999789. This was referred to as an alignment, but unless you asked it did not show up.

Most all input popped on an off so fast that do not remember where it was windowed at. We had a handwritten cheat-sheet sitting next to the plotter to make sure and input certain things in a certain manner. I can rememebr this caused the Autodesk folks some concern as they wanted to go without any additional or visable print outs sitting near to the plotter.

Wm.