IGES TO DWG so I can open in Autocad 2009

fromthe360

I am out of the country and I need some help. I designed a part in Solidworks 2009, and the guys I am having machine the part here can't view it since they have Autocad 2009. They assure me if I change the IGES file to a DWG they will be able to open it. Can someone help me convert the 2 solidworks drawings I have to a DWG or some other format so they can view the part and give me a quote. Thanks!!

If you file Save Copy As type ACIS (*.sat) and set Options to V7 they will be able to import the file into AutoCAD. If you can't figure it out zip and attach your files here.

JD, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I don't have solidworks installed on my laptop that I brought with me. I only brought the drawings with me and I have a few different formats. They can't seem to get all the measurements they need in order to make the part from the PDF I provided. Any help would be appreciated. I ran into another company who is using Inventor, and they opened the IGES file, but was unable to get any measurments off that either. Did I do something wrong here? The other files I have are X_T and X_B.

Thank you!

PF50001.zip

..Unfortunately I don't have solidworks installed on my laptop that I brought with me.... The other files I have are X_T and X_B.

Thank you!

LOL, did you try opening these IGES files back into SWx? You saved the IGES with the wrong Options - there are no solids in the files, only wireframes (curves).

Attach the X_T and X_B and I'll take a look at those. Start with the X_B as I assume they are much smaller.

Lesson learned 1: Always try to read back in nuetral formats to make sure you have saved what you think you have saved.

Lesson learned 2: AutoCAD will not read IGES or STEP or Parasolid files. Need ACIS v7 or DWG or DFX.