need tablet guru

kennykramer

have a custom tablet menu that was done for AutoCAD 2000 and want to use with 2009 and when I load it all my menu Icons turn into a question mark and are no longer readable. How can I get the Icons back and use my tablet menu??? PLEASE HELP !! Thanks Kenny:?

Typically when icons are ? marks you need to make sure where the location of the icons are then map a path to that location. TOOLS>OPTIONS then the file tab then map the path in support file search path. You might have to reload the menu after mapping the path.

John, Can You Tell Me How I Should Be Trying To Put The Custom Menu Into The Newer Version Of Cad Maybe Im Not Doing It Right. I Looked At The Maping And It All Looked To Be Right. The Same As In The Cad 2000 Anyway? Please Elaborate More Thanks So Much Kenny:?

I *think* what may be happening Kenny is when you load your tablet menu using the MENU command, you are actually replacing the main AutoCAD menu with your tablet menu. And since tablet menus predate toolbars and therefore toolbar icons, AutoCAD cannot find your toolbar icons and replaces the icons with the "?" icon.

Try reloading the Acad menu using the Menu command. Then rename your Tablet menu to have a MNS suffix i.e., Tablet.MNU becomes Tablet.MNS. Then use the MENULOAD command to load your tablet MNS file. This is called loading a "partial" menu, which will coexist with AutoCAD's main menu.

Before you attempt any of the above, I recommend you save your current profile. Options > Profiles > Add to list...

well I thought that might just do it but still came up with the ? icons, anymore thoughts Ill try anything been working on this for about a year now and can find anything to work. thanks John

kenny

Okay, let's break it down to to figure out the problem.

First, can you please start the MENULOAD command and tell us what menus names are listed in the dialog window?

And second, can you please post your tablet menu as an attachment?

Then we can see what menus you have loaded now and also look at the content of you tablet menu and hopefully find the conflict.

Aca.cuix, Acetmain.cuix, Acimpression.cuix, Autodeskseek.cuix, Custom.cuix, Dbcon.cuix And My Menu Glazing.cuix. How Do I Attach A File Like My Menu On This Site For You To Look At??

Kenny,

Lots of error messages trying to load your Glazing.cui file. I finally got it to load by unloading all my menus, including my main Acad menu.

Anyhow, after loading the Glazing menu, I used the CUI command and transferred (copied) the legacy tablet portion from the Glazing menu into a new partial menu which I called Glazing_20091216 for lack of a better name. This new partial menu appears to load okay now, without the toolbar "?" icons problems. But, I don't know if it works correctly since I don't have a tablet to test with.

Here how to load the attached CUI file:

(1) First, save your AutoCAD profile by exporting it as a file for backup.

(2) Start the MENULOAD command and highlight the Glazing menu in the list. Hit the "Unload" button, then the "Close" button.

(3) Start the MENULOAD command again, hit the "Browse" button, and navigate to the revised Glazing menu, hit "Open", then "Load", then "Close".

(4) Test to see if it works and if anything is missing. If your menus are totally hosed, restore your profile.

(5) If you can't get it to work, I would try to revert to the original ACAD menu if possible, then load the revised Glazing menu as a partial. I think the gist of the problem is that your old Glazing menu includes a main AutoCAD menu and that's a conflict. The attached is a partial menu that should coexist with the main menu.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Glazing_20091214.zip

Well I'm Still Having My Share Of Trouble But I'm Hopeful It Will Work Out In The Long Run, I'm Not Sure I'm Loading It Right And When I Load It Thru The Cui User Interface, Which Im Not Sure Im Doing Right, The Icons Are Ok But The Locations On The Tablet That Are Custom Arent Right. If I Type Menu And Load It That Way The Icons All Go Away But The Locations Are All Correct And It Works Great Just Ni Icons At All, Ill Work On It More At Home And See What I Can Figure Out. God I Sure Appreciate All The Help Your All Are Awesome, Ill Be Back To Let You All Know

Thanks Kenny